Antenatal classes!

Chrissi

Reaction score
Me and my husband have our first antenatal class tomorrow, we can't wait as it actually means baby will be here soon! 😁 xx

Hey how did it go? We had our first on Saturday, then I went to a women's only one this morning. They're really enjoyable, and great from a social aspect. Are you doing it through NCT?

Hi, it was really good! Hubby is really looking forward to the birth now which I'm glad about. Im not sure to be honest, these are just classes run by the midwives working in the hospital I'll be giving birth in. I imagine they all follow the same sort of scope though.
I think me and my husband were the youngest parents there, so socially it wasn't too great. Everyone was lovely, but I would like to meet some mummies my own age really xxx

Ah glad you enjoyed it. I feel much younger than everyone else too (in fact, I just posted about that!) I'm 23, and my partner is 27 but I feel like the average age at the group is 30-35.
We booked ours through NCT, but I've got the NHS one coming up too so that's probably like the one you did. We've been asked to bring a doll or a teddy! Should be interesting... :p

was anybody on their own at yours? I'll be on my own and already nervous enough about the social side of things.

I wasn't going to go but it seemed to be recommended so I booked in but my husband cant make it eek

Hey Mel, nobody was on their own in my class. It was 8 couples in total. Could you bring a friend? You might feel left out if you're on your own as you might have to do massage practice etc. I would definitely recommend bringing a friend/family member. :)

booked my birth workshop and breast feeding sessions/classes yesterday, looking forward to them :) x

I will do mine through nhs. NCT classes are around £300 and I just can't justify it. However a friend did do it who is 33 and her husband is older. She did it coz the antenatal classes was to young for them and not offered more support once baby is here. They really rated them and suggested we should look in to it but once I saw how much I thought no way I can spend that on baby stuff x

Nhs classes are also very good, so don't think you'll be missing out at all, I didn't have to ask any extra questions as they were all answered throughout the class. I am also 22 and hubby is 23 so we we looked a bit like stupid teenagers xx

We only get 1 free NHS class, if I was offered more then I wouldn't have booked through NCT. Not £300 for me, it was £160 for 4 sessions but because we don't earn much we managed to get it for £16.00 (all 4 sessions for both of us).
Definitely worth checking to see if you fall into that category.

Wow that's really good maybe I will look again. X

When I had DD1 my DH and I went to the first class together then he didn't come to the second one then by the last one all the OH's had fallen by the wayside :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back