Antenatal Classes and ActiveBirth Workshop

Nicole1993

Reaction score
Hello :) I start my antenatal classes tomorrow evening and its a 4 week course (1 session a week for 4 weeks) and at my last hospital appointment I noticed a poster on the wall saying about "active birth workshop; book now, limited available. Perfect to accompany your antenatal classes" so was thinking of booking some for the week after my antenatal classes finish - its a one time session just. But just wondering if anyone knows the difference; what all do we cover in them that we dont in the antenatal ones, is it useful or just a waste of time? xxx

I'm not doing antenatal - just the one active birth class which lasts all day. The midwife seemed to say it owuld cover everything I need to know about labour and hasn't suggested that I need anything else. So it may be a repeat but as I have never been to either I can't say for sure.

We went on our antenatal course on Saturday. It was a 6 hour day consisting of classes on: pain relief, labour & delivery, breastfeeding, bathing baby and discharge from hospital, plus a tour of the maternity unit. I found it all really interesting, and a lot of it useful.

We're going to our first "Active Birthing" class this afternoon. The course runs over 3 weeks, 1 hour per week. It was recommended to me that both parts go hand-in-hand, although I was told that a lot of people do one or the other. We're going to go this afternoon, but if it's of no use we'll not bother with the extra 2 weeks (although I'll still tell work I am, so that I can leave early ;-) )

I'll try to update later/tomorrow to let you know the difference!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back