antenatal classes

NICCI

Reaction score
just wondered if anyone had any views on antenatal classes, ive been given the option to do them over 4 weeks or do a one off crash course!!

what do you think? :)

I just had the first session of my couples' antenatal class last night. I am doing both the couples sessions and the women only sessions. I don't expect to learn much, and from what I hear most people on the forum don't, but I did find out about some policies that my midwife hadn't mentioned, and got to see what the maternity ward looks like (well, kind of because they don't do tours here so we got pictures). Also, everyone wrote down questions that the midwife answered. Some were silly questions, but some were things I hadn't thought of and were pretty interesting... Most of all, though, I hear that the classes are a great opportunity to meet people with babies of the same age and so many people I have spoken to made their life-long best friends through antenatal classes. That's what convinced me to go!

I would say do the crash course, I had 3 weekly ones and the 1st one was just spent talking rubbish and introducing ourselves, etc and it was so boring we didnt go back to the other two so at least if you do it all in one go you can avoid missing any good bits! I agree that the little stuff we did get told though I had already learnt more than enough about on here so I dont think there's much they could teach me anyway! Hopefully yours will be better mine were a bit un-structured!xx

we have done the crash course and an 8 week one. didn't learn much from either, but there was more chance to meet the other mothers in the 8 week one. Also the 8 week one is NCT so there are follow up groups to keep in touch so i will still have spething of a social life!

Go with what suits, but def do the hospital tour.

sandi

Me and OH are doing a one day one (3 hours) was the only thing we we're offered and going more for OH than for me, want him to understand what's going to hapen!

the midwife didnt say wether it was 4 me and oh!!!! do u think it will be 4 both of us if its a crash course :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back