Another teething post lol

Noor~ul~Usman

Reaction score
Ok guys....so I know this may sound a bit 'out there' or something with Farooq being so young...but what are the signs of teething?? :?

Since he was born he's been fixated with chewing his hands and top sleeves and now the last few days when I bottle feed him (he's been on the bottle since approx 3-4days old) he sucks really aggressively on the teat (sp?) making it invert slightly and is always trying to eat his bib as well :roll:
He still dribbles milk though so I don't think it's that the flow isn't fast enough :think:

What bothers me the most is that also in the last 3-4 days he seems to get periods of pain/discomfort whilst he's asleep and will fidget a lot pulling faces and often cry half awake. We've been treating him for wind by making sure we don't put him to sleep with out burping and also using infacol but in the same time span he has also started drooling and is still fixated on chewing shoulders etc when you try and burp him. He's still chewing his hands and tops most of his waking time even when he's not hungry!
He's also sleeping more than he did before and is a bit more clingy.

At hospital they put the chewing down purely to being hungry because we were having a nightmare trying to establish breast feeding but he just seemed to do it all the time regardless (and thus I didn't agree with them :shakehead: ) .

I know babies investigate things with their mouths but is he not a little young to be doing it so much?
He's developing fairly quickly and is very alert and active, trying to roll over on his side, punching, kicking (trying to launch himself off your lap and nearly succeding too! :shock: ), talking and holding his head up for several seconds.

I know occasionally babies are born with a tooth already through so I was just wondering what the chances are that he could be teething but it's still below the gum??

I've tried having a quick look but haven't been able to inspect his whole mouth yet for red gums.
I'm going to try and book him in at the doctors anyway first thing tomorrow morning as he's making his Dad and Grandpa panic :lol:

I am no expert but I would suggest that maybe he is chewing things for comfort.

Ella also used to get the pain thing and it was her digesting her food I was told that their guts take a while to mature and get used to having food and that this can cause them some pain as they start to digest the food.

However it could also be the start of teething, it can be a very slow process. Ella started drooling and chewing things at 11 weeks and didn't get her first tooth until 6 months! I was sick of people telling me that she was teething!

some babies are born with teeth, so its not beyond the realms of possibility that your LO could be teething already. it might still be a long time before anything pokes through though.

:hug: :hug:

Dont really have much advice sorry but Maia used to fidget a lot during the night and cry out now and then as though she was in pain and she used to grunt as well. I think this is quite normal and very young babies tend to do this and usually grow out of it fairly quickly.

Well the doctor yesterday pretty much said what I expected re the pains and crying......babies cry, sometimes it may be because his gut is maturing and sometimes it may just be because he's a baby and he needs comforting etc :roll:

Said to use the infacol once a day rather than at every meal and just keep burping him during and after feeds.

His temp and breathing are ok, as is his skin colour etc so there is nothing 'dangerous' to be worried about.

We got Aqueous cream for his dry skin as he's on his 2nd batch of peeling after it seemed to have cleared up. His legs, feet, arms and hands are really bad :( His face and chest are a bit patchy but not as bad and only peeling for the first time - not the second.
I'd been using olive oil 1-2 times a day but it just didn't seem to be helping. I've also tried to avoid bathing him unless he's got dirty from a bad nappy etc so that the water doesn't dry his skin out either.

Will keep an eye on how it goes. There is ezcema (sp?) on my side of the family the last few generstions and my little brother has it (only become obvious since his mid teens). I managed to avoid it but I am really prone to dry skin....so maybe he'll end up with sensative skin or maybe it will clear up for good in the next few weeks :think:

To be honest I think he does just comfort chew a lot :hug: but I will keep my eye out in case it does turn out he's teething - although I had a good poke around yesterday and couldn't see any red patches on his gums yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back