Teething?

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
when is the time that babies start teethinh? i ask because i am convinced alfie is! he keeps munching on EVERYTHING, he'll hold onto my finger or thumb and ram it into his mouth and chew it, when i saw the doctor for his jabs he said that it was because he's found his hands and his mouth and he'll put everything in it, and i was happy with that but, the doctor i have is about as usefull as a chocolate teapot, Alfie just seems to shove anything in there, fingers, his own hands, blankets, hes even started pulling his mittens off and chewing them! could he be teething

ever child is different hun and im sure he is teething only thing is he could be teething for ages before any pop through :(

Hope hes ok and its not too painfull for him :hug: :hug:
xxxxxx

well he seems happy enough but envery now and then hes screaming really loudly and wont stop untill i rock him or let him chew on my finger?

have you tried a spot of bongela?
im not sure if hes too young for ashton powders or not

Hope hes ok soon hun
xxxx

omg! i was just going to ask the same thing!!! she is doing the same thing as alfie

madi chews everything and has been moany and a bit dribbly is it possible!

yes alfie is very dribbly, he blows spit bubbles and drools EVERYWHERE, lol, bless her, i think im going to get alfie one of those teething rings full of water that you put in the fridge to cool down as it soothes the gums

madi was prem though do you think that matters ?

Im not sure hun, some babies teeth from when they r born. i know that you cant use the teething gel just yet, they do say from 2 months old as long as they arent prem, how prem is Madi hun? TBH i wouldnt of thought that a teething ring wud hurt as the stage ones are soft and the water ones r just like plastic with water in and shes munching on things anyway. I would say its fine

i had loads of the teething rings you put in the fridge for Adele, i didnt put them in teh fridge though cos they were too cold for her she screamed the place down, so i used to run them under cold water then dry it off then hold it in her mouth hehe
Just makesure they have a bib or something under them because the drueling gets a whole lot worse :lol:

i just gave madi a teething ring from the fridge to chew on lol she loves it!

weestar you know adele how old was she when she started teething?

I know you probably are, but I just wanted to remind you that teethers also need sterilising! :roll: It's a real pain being this little and open to infection!! :roll:

I've just realised that sounded like I was preaching!! :shock:

I wasn't, honest! :hug:

Adele you couldnt really tell she was teething except the slebbers it started around 4 montsh but she didnt cut her forst tooth till she was 13 months, she was a bit late

Colby on the other hand has been a little monster with her teething from 10 weeks old the slebbers came and thebiting on teh teats then the crying pain and all sorts then the blister nappy rash that would bleed
and her first tooth poped through at 6 months and she now has 2.
Shes still a bit bad but think its because she has top ones comming in as her gums are solid :(

As i said earlier every baby is different but you never get 2 kids the same :lol:

Amanda said:
I know you probably are, but I just wanted to remind you that teethers also need sterilising! :roll: It's a real pain being this little and open to infection!! :roll:

:hug: all done!!!!

just thinking, do you think it would help to use one of the soft baby toothbruthes on there gums to help soften them a bit to make cutting easier? not giving them a vigerous bruch lol, just a soft sweep over before they went to bed or do you think that could damage the gums?

they do say your supposed to brush their gums,i didnt untill their first tooth came through but i only use water
xxxxx

alfie is 2 and a half months old am i ok to do this then ... if he lets me little monster

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back