Another miscarriage..

Lillyprincess

Reaction score
Paid for another private scan today, as I'm 10 weeks and this is when I lost it last time. Baby died about a week ago.

Last time I passed it naturally but this time I want it removed.

How does this work? Is it a general or local?

Thanks xx

Very sorry to hear this xxx

The procedure is usually done under a general.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, I am really sorry to hear this - I saw your post in tri 1 and hoped you would get some good news.

I had an erpc in March for a mmc after medical management didn't work. I went in as a day patient, was admitted around 12ish, a bit of hanging around to see anaesthetist and surgeon and down to theatre at about 2. It is done under general anaesthetic but the op itself is only about 20 mins. Afterwards I spent about 1 1/2 hours on a ward where they gave me tea and toast and I was then discharged with painkillers.

I had never had an anaesthetic or any sort of operation before and I can honestly say it's not that bad (and I'm a bit needle phobic). Pain and bleeding afterwards was fairly light for me although I know this can vary.

So sorry you have lost your baby, if you want to know anything else feel free to pm me xxx

I had an erpc under a light general anaesthetic in 2011, it was really quick and painless, and i was relieved not to have to go through the process naturally. Surely they should be looking into your losses as they seem to be at such a specific time?

Again, i'm so sorry. After seeing that hb, this must be so gutting for you, words fail to describe it. xxx

I had an erpc under a light general anaesthetic in 2011, it was really quick and painless, and i was relieved not to have to go through the process naturally. Surely they should be looking into your losses as they seem to be at such a specific time?

Again, i'm so sorry. After seeing that hb, this must be so gutting for you, words fail to describe it. xxx

The first one "died" before 5.5 weeks and this one at 8.5 weeks. I started bleeding at 10 wks last time and I went for a private scan during these 10 weeks to give me reassurance before I announced it at Xmas. Had I not have done I may not have found out until my 12 wk scan.

I don't really know what to do but will contact my EPU on Monday morning.

I just can never ever relax if I get pregnant again. But I hope I get more support from the NHS next time as I've spent a fortune on scans.

X

Im so sorry to read this :(

Most D&C's are done under general, so you won't be awake.

I can understand why you do not want to do it naturally, its horrific. I'm so sorry for your loss xxx

Hi lillyprincess.

Sorry for your loss. I had an erpc in August. It was under general - they always are. I went in to hospital at 7.30am and was home by 2.30pm. It was a painless quick procedure and I was fine for 2 days after, then I started bleeding heavily and cramping for 2 days. I took a week and a half off work to recover.

It was definitely the right option for me. Take your time to recover emotionally too and look after each other.*
xx

Sorry.for your loss.
I see these ops all time at work is horrid but is done under general and is done within a half hour x

I'm so sorry for your loss. i also read your post in tri1 and hoped it would turn out different this time round.

I have no experience of a medical miscarriage but I hope you get through it alright and take care of yourselves.

So sorry for ur loss :-( live is so cruel sometimes.... I've had 2 erpcs now and both were fine very emotional but recovery was realy easy x

Really, really sorry to hear of your loss. I was in the same situation myself six weeks ago, it's so hard. If I can give you any advice it is to go down the D&C route and have the hospital do a biopsy. I regret so much coming home and doing it all myself again. I then really wanted to know why, and if I had been in hospital I may have known.
I really hope you're ok, thinking of you xxxx

I can't offer you any advice sorry but just wanted to send you a huge virtual hug and let you know I'm thinking of you xxx

Im' so sorry for your loss. I'm in a similar position having just suffered my second loss last week. My first pregnancy ended in Sep and never developed a heartbeat but this last one ended at just under 9 weeks after seeing a heartbeat at 7 weeks. Like you, had I not have had the second scan I'd have went on oblivious and announced it at Xmas.

I had a D&C both times as i didn't feel the other two were an option really. It was done under a general anaesthetic and although it was quite a long day the op itself is over very quick. Personally I just wanted it over with each time which is why I went for the op.

I'm getting tested this time as it's my second MC so maybe see if there's anything your doc can do??

Good luck xx

Thank you everyone for your support and advice.

It's hit me really hard this time. Probably the time of year.

Ill ring the EPU on Monday and make an appointment.

Thank u xx

I'm so sorry for your loss! I think it's awful to have to deal with and the more people that I speak to who have been through it say exactly the same thing! A mc is something that will never leave you and you will never forget - even 30 years on people still don't forget (I think that just sums up how difficult they are)

Big hugs xxx

So sorry. I was really hoping your scan would go differently. Hugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back