Annual Leave

Yep, that sounds dead right Eveadel.

I'll be coming back work at the earliest around end Jan 2007, but I could always take a couple more weeks holiday on full pay as come 1st Jan, I'm entitled to my full years 27 days.

Good in it!?!?!

is every company different? in my place of work we get annual holidays off (eg easter, christmas, may day etc) plus 23 days holiday... The maturnity is paid at 6 weeks @ 90% of your wage, then 20 weeks paid at just over £100 week. If you take any time more than 26 weeks then you don't get paid....

Just wondering.

x

Thanks Tankett I thought it sounded kind of right.

Hayley, yes I think most companies are the same i.e. annual holiday plus your annual leave.

My maternity leave will be the same 6 weeks @ 90% and the 20 weeks of £106 (I think that it is) and then any additional leave is unpaid.

Mine is the same with 90% then just over £100 a week. But I will expect my company to pay me holiday pay as they do now and it is not considered as maternity leave. If they dont pay me I will be having words! :twisted:

Have you guys all sorted out your maternity pay / benefits? when do we have to fill in the form and where do we get it from??

I will defo be taking all my holiday outstanding before I start maternity as my boss said he would pay me for any I didn't take last year then when i didnt take them all [10 days left] he changed his mind so this year I still have 20 days to take before August 9th and my due date is 14th August... want to make sure I get every penny after the way he has been with me since my m/c last year... small companies can be very tight fisted!!!!!

:wink:

I read that apparent your Midwife or docs will give you a form to fill out at 20 weeks and you have hand it to your company and they do the rest.

i didn't even know there was a form to fill in.... i thought we just tell our accounts department when we plan to fish and they do the rest.... there are so many things to remember!!!!!

Anna Marie your boss is a little shit... promising to pay you then not doing so! I'd be fuming... i'm going to use my holidays up before maturnity leave... i read somewhere that our due date is the latest we can begin maturnity - so i'm using up 3 weeks of my holidays before my due date....

Isn't it crap... maturnity pay! we work hard - pay tax and then they give us just over £100 a week to live on....

x

sorry for butting in girls, I have just been given the form you are talking about, you get it at your 25 week m/w appt it's called a MatB1 form and the m/w has to fill it out and state your EDD, I then had to get it stamped by the GP surgery. Have got a meeting first thing in the morning with my line manager to give her the form and fill in another form specific to my company HR department - it's really complicated, the literature is all written in another language, well it seems it anyway :? I am going to finish on May 5th which is 2 weeks and 3 days (work days!!) from my due date, I may add a couple of weeks annual leave onto the end of my maternity pay if I can!!

Xxx

I've been trying to figure out how to fit in my annual leave with my maternity leave too.

On the one hand you want a break whilst you can still enjoy it and you're not too big and then I think, well it's almost certainly going to get much more tiring working with a big bump towards the end. If I leave it too late to take my holiday, I know what will happen, the baby will come early - unsual with first babies but not unheard of. Then I won't even get a break at all.

It's driving me potty trying to work out what's best, at the moment I'm planning on using a couple of weeks holiday at the end of June and then just starting my maternity leave at the beginning of July. I'm due on the 11th.

Our company maternity pay is 2 months at 100% pay and 4 months at 50% pay and then a colleague whose already had a baby said we then get the statutory pay if we decide to take additional maternity leave. Better than I thought as I wasn't expecting to get any money whilst on additional maternity leave.

Bagpuss - your company sounds fantastic!!

I'll just get the standard 90% for 6 weeks, then £106 per week for the rest of the 6 months, then I can take 6 months AML (additional maternity leave) with no pay. We're already panicking how we're going to manage on the £106 for 4 and a half months, so I think I'll have to come back after the 6 months. :( The good news is that if I come back to the same job, same amount of hours and everything, after 6 months, I'll get a whole months salary as a bonus!! That'll help.

A note about the MATB1 form....... My lady in HR made a point of telling me how important this piece of paper is, and not to lose it. If you lose it, it's unlikely that your midwife will be able to give you another one. They are very strict on this as this is the form you use to claim everything. Basically, I get paid by my employer, then they claim it back from the government using the MATB1. So the midwife can't give you another one in case you are trying to claim maternity pay from 2 jobs......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back