Angelcare monitor

TORino

Reaction score
I have a sensor mat monitor and twice now I have picked the baby up out of the Moses basket and the alarm hasn't gone off for 3-4 minutes.

:shock:

Has this happened to anyone else? I don't want to lose confidence in it, it helps me sleep at night :(

I can't think why it might do that?

Never happened with me hun , could you take it back to the shop and get a new one . Mine goes off after about 20 seconds I think xxx

Have you been in the room holding the baby and moving around? I find mine seems to have a motion detector that picks up on my movements around the room. Try standing completely still and see if it makes it go off. Thats what happens with mine. Or pick up the baby and leave the room, I think you will find it goes off straight away then

I was in the room with the baby yes.

It works 99% of the time and goes off how it should etc it's just been twice it hasn't and it's shocked me a bit.

I was wondering if I should change the sensitivity of the mat or something?

It works 99% of the time and goes off how it should etc it's just been twice it hasn't and it's shocked me a bit.

I was wondering if I should change the sensitivity of the mat or something?

Try that and if it's till taking ages to go off I would take ur back xxx

Then I think it can see you moving. I'm convinced thats what mine does too. I stand still and it doesnt blink, then i move my arm in front of it and the light flashes.

Which makes me think it works fine :)

mine seems to take ages sometimes, but i always assumed it was because we have a swining crib, so theres some movement left after i take G out - could the moses basket be the same - like rockingg a bit after youve lifted her. xxx

Lewis is still in his moses basket, I have the sensitivity on the middle number and it always goes off (then I nearly smother him with my boob trying to turn it off), it should beep then go off after 15 seconds.

Once I had the dehumidifier on in the room and it thought the vibrations of that were the baby breathing.

Come to think of it, there's a chance I was patting the baby on the edge of the bed next to the basket, could it be picking that up do you think?

I feel a big better about it now then, thanks! :)

i think you have the sensitivity too high, i would lower it (apparently pick up noise vibrations etc from roads?) and re-test before using it to give you back your confidence - mine beeps once after 5 seconds then full alarm after 20!

Argh lol I forget to turn ours off and it goes off when I am half way down stairs!

Maybe adjust sensitivity and if still not right take it back!

I love mine peace of mind.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back