Angelcare alarm went off last night...

pilkers

Reaction score
I didn't know which section would be best to post this so if it's in the wrong place I apologise...

I have an Angelcare sensor pad monitor for Evie which has been great but last night the alarm went off at 3am :shock:

Obviously I went into a total panic...grabbed her out of the crib and she seemed to wake up (as if she was just asleep rather than anything else). She'd seemed a bit off colour all day on saturday and had literally just fed and slept all day. I'd been a bit concerned during the day so we decided to err on the side of caution and take her to A&E. She was checked out there and in the paeds and everything came back totally fine.

I just wondered if anyone else had an Angelcare and has had the same thing happen??? I'd really appreciate your replies to put my mind at rest cos I know I'll struggle to sleep tonight

I checked the sensor pad by putting her back in her crib and it's working fine. The sensor pad was def under her and she was on her back so couldn't have rolled off it (the crib is too narrow for that anyway). I couldn't say if she stopped breathing or not because it was dark and I grabbed her before putting on the light but I suspect she didn't as all her results and tests came back fine... :think:

Firstly :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I used to have this mat for Keeley and it started to go off and i realized she had moved off the sensor mat :shock: it scared the life out of me so i stopped using it.

i have this and it also happend to me, its the scariest sound ever, jack hadnt stopped breathing the sensor pad had just moved and wasnt flat on the bottom of basket like it needs to be, im sure she was just fine, i sympathise with you it is an awful experience :hug:

We had one with Josh and it happened loads, I think he'd just wriggled slightly off the sensor pad :)

:hug:

We had one for Jonah, and that happened..it's indescribable how you feel when it goes off.

There was nothing wrong with him, and I won't have one this time.

I had done a baby recusitation course before I had Jonah, I've not had a refresher this time either.

Not to say I love her any less of course, but I think there is very little you can actually do if they do stop breathing.

I was going to get one of these as mia will be going in her own room soon...but that has just put me off...i think my heart would stop :( :(

we do have one for when my nephew comes staying and cant say ive found a problem in the night with it (touch wood) but i do find that when we're on the wireless internet it goes off :|

:shock: :shock: that musta been well scary u poor thing :hug: :hug: :hug:

We used to use one but Lola wriggles in her sleep so it used to always go off and scare me to death :hug:

thanks everyone...

it went off again last night but we were watching her and she was breathing fine! I think there is something wrong with the pad..she was led right on it and it still went off :roll:

it needs to be completly flat, we have ours in his basket on top of a piece of cardboard now and touch wood it hasnt gone off since!!! :pray:

samandbump said:
it needs to be completly flat, we have ours in his basket on top of a piece of cardboard now and touch wood it hasnt gone off since!!! :pray:

It's on the base of her crib so it's on the wooden bottom bit...dead flat. I've cranked up the sensitivity and it seemed ok today after doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back