anesthetist appointment?

rakrak

Reaction score
Hi all, just wondered if anyone else has had to have a 'routine' appointment with an anesthetist?
I'm under consultant lead care and have just received an appointment to see one on the 16th July to assess if things will be okay in an emergancy ie, can they find a vein and get a block in my spine etc if need be...

Not heard anyone else having this so was a bit worried as to why I'm having one. Also if anyone has gone through this what will it involve? Is it a quick appointment? xxx

I havn't had this, sorry hun. Didnt want to read and run though.

Sounds a bit odd to have a 'routine' appointment with them....

x

I have had an appointment like this but in mine we just spoke about risks of having to have a c-section and what pain relief is recommended for me.
(No epidural because of my back problems!!)
I think mine was just a routine thing to be fair so not sure if your will be the same.

Maybe phone up and ask what kind of things will be asked/happen so your prepared?

Katie xx

No experience here - hope things go well it may be just to get history and check you over xx

Hi, I'm under consultant led care too but have never heard of this before, for me or anyone else?
Just give them a bell if you're concerned. You never know, it could even be a mistake.
Instead of sending me a midwife appointment, my trust accidentally sent me an appointment for an oral surgery consultation?! I phoned up freaking and they just kind of went... "Ooops?" Was quite funny though...

:rofl: where did they think the baby was supposed to be coming out from?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back