post natel depression

chezzabell

Reaction score
went to docs today,they are thinking that i may have post natel depression, i have an appointment with the health vistor so she can do a test on me. Was just wondering if anyone else has expreinced this or know anyone who has got this before baby is born?

:hug:

hey Sophie, can't say I've experienced it before - well this is my 1st baby and no depressed is sometthing I'm not - well not most of the time. I think my sister-in-law may have suffered from this when she was pregnent with her last child, but then again her situation at the time wasn't a very healthy one either so it probably was a bit of both. Thankfully she had my OH to turn to as they used to spend hours on the phone, guess it does help just to talk about how you're feel especially if you can find someone who is a good listener as well as good at giving advise.
Hope it's not to serious hun, if you're feeling low then that's we're here for - :hug:

i knew i was suffering from depression from a very early stage of pregnancy when i was having Adele. But thedocsjust told me it was my hormaons :roll: . After she was born at 29 weeks all i done was cried everytime i went to see her in ICU it was just really hard to accept going home nad leaving her at the hospital fighting. It took me 2 years to get over it but what did help once i could bring myself to do it was getting out the house, going for walks and just going into town it did help me alot.

I know how hard it is having depression hunny but their is light at the end of the tunnel, it may notseem like it at the moment but it will get better. Some people just have the slight baby blus and others get it that little bit worse but their is help and support out their.

if you ever need to talk please pm me
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

take care hunny
xxxxxxxxxx

hi i had very bad depression after my son was born, i was nearly sent to a mother and baby unit. I am a little scared that i will get it with this baby but i know the signs and have a great family. If u need to talk at all email me [email protected]

it does get better!!! :D

tracyxxx

Thanks so much for ur reply's i may take u up on emailing. Well health visitor came today very impressed with how fast she came out, spoke alot about new baby and how i was feeling towards the new baby coming and the impact it would have on my family life. I have another app in 2 weeks time and in the mean time i have to try and think about what kind of help i want.

Thanks again :hug:

so glad they came out early hopefully u will get the proper help u need, remember email me if u need to hun. It always help to talk to someone that has been through it cause alot of people that havent dont understand what is happening to u.

[email protected]

take care

tracyxx

[/code]

Thanks for that reply greenday, its nice to know there are people out there willing to listen :hug: :hug:

hey hunnie.... :wave:

As we said earlier you've got a lot of contributing factors plus your little girl is only 2 years old and pregnancy in itself can be enough to deal with when you already have a child let alone other things that are going on in your life. You will get through this, just have to take one day at a time and don't be to hard on yourself. :hug:
Hope you are feeling a little better today......will speak with you soon babe.... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Love n big hugs
Claire
xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111