And so it begins....

Melanie1982

Reaction score
Hello Girls,

I phoned my fertility clinic on Friday to try and get provera to bring on a period but the ever so miserable nurse, told me that I have to go for a scan on Tuesday at 8.30am to see if my womb lining is thin, not sure why it has to be thin!!but anyway if it is I may be able to start the injections straight away if not will have povera and then wait for AF before I am able to start them...I am excited but not sure if I am 100% ready to deal with this roll coaster I am about to board!!

LTTTC sucks sometimes!!

Mel
Xxx

Hiya Mel :)

The lining has to be thin because the stimulation drugs will make it thicker and it can get too thick.

It being thin is a good sign that you are at the start of your cycle, even if you haven't had a bleed.

At least if you go to the scan and it's thin you can avoid povera and start the stims right away and then we'll be cycle buddies :good:

You'll be alright :hug:

Ah thanks Hun :) I am hoping to avoid povera. Will keep my fingers crossed that lining will be thin!!

When do you start your treatment hun?

I thinking i start my stims on the 16th but could be a day either side of it really - AF isn't known for being punctual when you want her to be ;)

Oh exciting, hopefully my scan will go well tomorrow and we will both be starting off together :) xx

Good luck at your scan than, i hope it's good news and the lining is nice and thin :)

What dosage of gondatrophins are you on? Are you on Menopur?

I was just wondering how many large follicles they'll be aiming for? xx

Hi louiseb

I went for my scan today and the nurse said my lining was 7mm thick which isn't too bad but they have given me proves to start to induce a bleed and get rid off it.

I also got the perscription for the injections, they are called merional 75iu and the boxes say powder and solvent for solution for injection Menotrophin. Have you heard of these before?

I have to phone up on day 2 of my cycle to have a scan to start the injections, I think they will only be aiming for one follicle, I know they will stop treatment if they over Stimulate me so I am guessing I may start off with quite a low dose.

Hopefully I will not be far behind you

Mel
Xx

Hey :)

Sorry about the provera but whatever they think.

Nope, never heard of Merional or Menotrophins before but i assume that they are just a weaker version if you are having 75iu injected :)

So how long are you on provera for and when do they expect you to bleed?

I'm definitely going to get my AF tomorrow as i already have some spotting xx

That's a good sign though right? You get to start the stims. Are you NHS too or are you self funding?

Yeah the dose seems quite low the leaflet said that you can increase the dose but I guess they will decide what's best when I go back. Provera is a 5 day course of 2 tablets a day, a bit of a pain really but hey go these doctors know best :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back