Spanner in the work?

laurat

Reaction score
Hey girls, need a bit of advice. I got my letter in from the fertility dr today and it basically says that she has sent the prescriotion/order to my own dr for the clomoid. I have to get it after there is hopefully nothing going to show up on Wed at my dye hsg test and x-ray.

I am actually really excited and was feeling like I was getting somewhere but the letter went on to say something that she hadn't actually said to me in person which has now made me feel it could be another stumbling block. As I haven't got a cycle I have to get a dose of provera to hopefully induce a bleed so I can start the clomid. However the letter now says that this may not work as I have such a thin lining. It then says if I don't get a bleed it would be unadvisable to use clomoid and I will need to contact the dr again for another treatment. I know Im technically worrying about something that hasn't happened but I feel like its a distinct possibility that may now mean I may have to wait till my next appointment at the end of November tilll I get anywhere. Im just wondering how important is the bleed? Why do you have to have a period first before starting clomid?

You do need to have a period before starting clomis as you only take it for 5 days of your cycle, 2-6. It tricks the body into thinking you have no hormonoes to make you ovulate so it produces them and so on. If you take at wrong time in cycle it could cause complications because of the hormones. Just be persistent with the doctors :hug: xx

yes as Chazabelle say's you need to take clomid on specific days in your cycle my prescription states from 2 - 6 and its because it stimulates the hormones to encourage your follicles to grow and hopefully pop out an egg , so you need to be patient . Provera should work and produce a bleed x

Just be on high alert for any spotting or any discolouration at all and don't expect an actual bleed, but count it as a bleed. That's what i'd do anyway :whistle:

I'm sure it'll work out fine :)

PROVERA AND HOW IT WORKS

Normally the level of progesterone in your blood increases about a week before your period. If medroxyprogesterone is taken for 5 to 10 days each month at this time (ie day 16 to 21 of your cycle) it mimics the natural rise in your progesterone levels. This can help your other hormones to behave in a more normal way. To treat irregular periods this medicine is taken in this way for two menstrual cycles. To treat periods that have stopped it is taken for three menstrual cycles. In each case, a few days after you stop taking the tablets you should get your period. At the end of the treatment regular periods should return.

CLOMID

Clomid reduces estrogen production. Low estrogen levels cause the pituitary gland produce more hormones to raise estrogen levels. The pituitary gland produces more FSH and LH hormones which stimulate follicle and egg production in the ovaries. By strengthening the weak egg producing processes, the ovaries produce more eggs. Clomid can often help women who have eggs only two or three months per year to produce every month. This greatly increases the changes of becoming pregnant.

hope this helps a bit x

Thanks girlies! Heres hoping I get even a sniff of a bleed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back