Anaemia / Toxoplasmosis Tests

Ani

Reaction score
Hi girls!

I am heading out now to do some blood and urine tests - to check for anaemia and toxoplasmosis. Oh the joys... :)

Anyone else had these tests done?

Hi Ani - how you doing!
My wife had to have some tests - they thought she was either had anaemia or was a carrier of something called Alpha Thalassaemia - they thought it was the latter so I had to have tests as well, because apparently if we were both carriers, bad news or something.

All came back pretty quick - hope all the results come back ok for you!
Jimmer

Ani,

I had the toxoplasmosis test done years ago, think when we first thought about trying for a baba, as we have two cats and just wanted to make sure I was immune to whatever it is they can passs on. Fortunately all was okay. Hope your tests come back negative.
Dx

not had these test neither been talked about with my midwife. :?

I haven't had these tests and M/W hasn't mentioned anything. Hope they all come back ok for you hun :hug:

Good luck for the results!! I wonder if I should have the Toxoplasmosis tests? I have a cat who is a house cat and uses a litter tray. She's never been outside so therefore has never caught rodents. They say that the disease is passed on via cats that roam outside and catch rodents. I'm not too sure, I clean her litter tray (wear gloves and wash hands throughly afterwards), but should I still ask for the test?

we are tested for these routinely at the 12 week booking bloods at same time as blood group syphillis hiv etc etc xxxxxxx

Yes, I had the toxo test done @ 12 weeks as well.

Went in today for the test, as I was unable to do it last week in the end, and I had to have my blood taken, then drink this yucky glucose stuff, sit there for an hour, and then have my blood taken again. I also had to give a urine sample. She said she was testing for anaemia, toxo and glucose levels. I will get the results tomorrow so I will let you know how it goes. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back