An experience of natural MC

dingdongbaby

Reaction score
Hi all...
I know every pregnancy and therefore mc are different, but I just wanted to post in case other ladies want to read or my experience. I hunted all over the place for info on naturally miscarrying as there are other options and some are quicker.

I had brown mucus spotting on Thursday and went to the dr. who said it was a 'wait and see situation'. She offered a scan, but said if there was already bleeding and that it was a threatening mc that it would happen anyway and a scan would only confirm it or now. I'm a firm believer in fate and nature, so I said I'd go back if nothing happened as I was scheduled a midwife appt. tomorrow, and promised I'd go back or to A&E if I had severe pain or bleeding so heavy that I got light headed.

I started having clear mucus (not the white thick kind that you have when you're pregnant) that was streaked with red blood on Saturday night and by Sunday evening it was like a light period but with definite period cramps.

This is now my 3rd day of heavy period type bleeding with the odd clotty bit. It feels like the painful periods I used to have when I just started my periods and was a teenager. I've taken paracetamol, as I know you're not meant to have hot baths or use hot water bottles to ease the cramps because they can worsen the bleeding.

It's not been too bad in terms of pain and although I've done nothing for 3 days (been of work sick) I've been able to sort my little boy, cook and bath him before bed each night.

I don't think I'd like to have a monitored bleed in hospital, and I think if I'd have been any further along and there would have been bigger clots that I may well have opted for a D&C to ensure speed and not 'seeing anything', but at the moment I'm trying to just relax and let nature take it's course.

I also have very achey thighs...and I had this same pain about 2 weeks ago...so I think that may have been when problems developed with my pregnancy. So although I'm 8 weeks today, I think this mc may have been waiting/trying to happen since week 6.

Sorry if nobody wants this kind of info on here, but I found reading non horror story versions comforting and that's how my experience has ended up.

Take care everyone, and do whatever's right for you. It's a personal experience that none of us have chosen...so whatever we do it's not the final outcome we wanted when getting pregnant. xx

Thanks for your story hun, im in a similar situation but mine is almost over (hopefully). Take care of yourself xxxx

Thank you for sharing.

I found out on Monday that my baby as not heartbeat but I have yet to actually miscarry. Everything seems to be going as a pregnancy would for me at the moment.

I'm not sure if to let nature take its course & let the bleed happen when its ready or to go in to have everything removed.

At the moment I just got thick white creamy discharge, with some lower back pain & on occasions sharp pain in my abdomen, but nothing I cant cope with (physical pain wise). Would you say you had similar?

Hi Linzie - I'm so sorry you're having to go through this too. I was totally 'normal' until the day the brown mucus came...and I still have tender boobs and slight nausea even now. Looking back, I did have the same pain that goes from my groin and down my thighs (on the front) with low back ache about 2 weeks before this started...I'm guessing that might be when the problems started. I've been quite tired as the bleeding's gone on, but not light headed or any serious pains. The dr. just said watch out for a bad smell and feeling light headed. I've been taking iron supplements each day to help stop anemia due to bleeding. Take care of yourself xx

hey, Sorry you are going through this..

I had a d&c after a mmc in sept 2011. I found this very painful (after pessary, required to soften everything for op - this brought on natural m/c) I was taken to operate about 3 hours before i was booked as i was so bad with pain and losing alot of blood (i think).

However, I had a natural mc on wednesday last week, was bleeding lightly and had brown mucousy discharge and small clots coming through for around 1 week. I had what i thought was trapped wind - obviously quite mild as i was driving and doing my day to day bits and pieces.
I was stood talking to other half and it happened. Pretty much no pain and it was over in about 2 mins. (sorry if tmi) i sat on the loo for around 45 mins after, as all lining etc was coming away, most done very quickly. I was just to scared to move. I then went back out and was fine.

The only thing i found good about d and c is i only had very light bleeding for about 2 days.
this time its like im on a period still ( 4 days later) still practically pain free.

Just thought id share this as with my experiences i preferred this time, only down side is that i saw it. and that image will stay with me forever.

Good luck in the future to all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back