Amnio. **Results on page 2**

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
I had an Amniocentesis on monday afternoon to test for downs syndrome (as some of you know). It's been a really worrying few day's and I can't wait to get the results later on today (I'm expecting a phone call at about 4pm).

The Amnio itself was really uncomfortable but not painful. The doctor spent alot of time before hand looking at the baby and for a good pool of fluid away from the baby. The baby was really active all the way through, it was quite funny actually, the baby was doing a really fast boxing like action when the doctor put the needle in, it was like the baby was saying 'hey this is my amniotic fluid'. The needle was far away from the baby though so I wasn't worried. Afterward's I was abit sore and felt physically ill because of the whole experience.

I've been resting and I feel fine now, but I'm still resting, doctors orders. Yesterday the midwife came out and listenened to the baby's heartbeat, it was really clear and strong, we also heard a kick (which is reassuring as I haven't felt any kick's yet).

Anyway, really anxious to hear the result, keep your fingers crossed for me :pray:

Fingers are crossed for you jodie,
Wishing you all the best and i hope the results come back fine for you xxxxx

I really hope the results come back fine for you hun. Been thinking of you since the amnio! I'll be around later on today hoping for good news!

Thank's girls. Knowing my luck though there will be some sort of delay and I wont find out until tomorrow or something :roll:

I'm sure they will let you know hun, and if they don't i would be ringing them up demanding to be told.....
I'll also be around about 4ish waiting to know. xxx

Hey, i've been thinking of you and hope the results come back ok.
Let us know and remember if you need anything... that's what we are here for.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank's :hug:

Arrgghh today is dragging on and on. It's not like I can get busy to pass time on either because I've got to rest, so I'm just sitting here looking at the time every 2 mins :wall:

I hope everything comes back ok for you today, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed. Good news about the babys heartbeat and the kicking.

Alex xxx

aww hun, it must be horrible having to wait, but you don't have long now :hug:

will be watching for news :hug:

how wonderfull you got to spend so much time watching baby :)
I hope all is well for you, and try not to stress, will you be finding out the sex?

fingers crossed hun hope evrything comes back fine and you can enjoy the rest of your pregnancy :hug:

ooooo i hope they hurry up and phone you soon it must be awful waiting.

God they know how to make you wait don't they? I'm hoping they phone for you soon hun, bet you're on the edge of your seat by now :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back