Amazingly itchy scalp!

PeaPod

Reaction score
For the past few days (mainly in the evenings and at bed time though) I have noticed that my scalp, is really really itchy, so much so that I have taken to using my dogs combe to give it a good scratch. OH has checked and there are no nits (I luckily have very short hair so if they were there you would see them straight away) but it is driving me nuts!!! :wall2:
Anyone else had this/ got any suggestions on how to stop me itching my head raw?

I had this for a few days drove me demented.... i was told that when i wash my hair to lather up twice as the first time doesn't really wash your hair or get rid of the dirt/grease properly.... so lather rinse and repeat.... since then i've not had an itchy scalp but it could just be coincidence xx

I haven't had an itchy scalp but I got a flaky scalp from about 15wks. I've never had a flaky scalp in my life so I put it down to pregnancy. I started using head and shoulders and it seems to have sorted it out :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I haven't had an itchy scalp but I got a flaky scalp from about 15wks. I've never had a flaky scalp in my life so I put it down to pregnancy. I started using head and shoulders and it seems to have sorted it out :) x

I've noticed this the last couple of days, haven't had dandruff since I was a kid! :shock:

Its really not a good look, I have dark hair :cry:

Weird, I had an itchy head now I think of it. But I switched shampoos and it went away. I tell you what is itching though...my bloody boobs! But it might be because I have got toast crumbs in my bra. Hope you sort your itchies out soon, must be driving you mental.

I always have a dry scalp so I use anti dandruff shampoo normally (Palmolive or Elvive)

Don't use T-Gel as it is not suitable in pregnancy due to containing Tar!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I have been experiencing a dry ithcy scalp too.... my skin on my face is also very dry.... think it has something to do with the hormones. Im going to try head and shoulders.
Hope you get something to help - will let you know if head and shoulders works for me.

x

Ladies be careful with head and shoulders.... my friend is a hair dresser and she says that stuff is like paint stripper... it takes away all the natural oils from your hair you're better using the ones carnatt mentioned.... plus if you ever intend on dying your hair again head and shoulders can mess with that the dye won't take as well nor will perms.... xxxxx

Try a more gentle medicated shampoo xx

Ladies be careful with head and shoulders.... my friend is a hair dresser and she says that stuff is like paint stripper... it takes away all the natural oils from your hair you're better using the ones carnatt mentioned.... plus if you ever intend on dying your hair again head and shoulders can mess with that the dye won't take as well nor will perms.... xxxxx

Try a more gentle medicated shampoo xx

My mum used to be a hairdresser and told me this too a few years ago, I would never normally use it but it did get rid of my flaky scalp, which is the only reason I bought it :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back