• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I the only one not finding out?

topbird

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

reading through the posts on here today it seems most of you are finding out the sex at 20 weeks?!

I have only ever known one person who has found out before so I had no idea how common it is.

We are not finding out. I wanted to at first but my husband doesn't, so I think it is fair I respect his wishes (for once! :D )

I hope I am not going to be the only one who doesn't know, I am getting quite jealous of those of you who are out buying pretty outfits etc... as it will be white baby grows and vests for us until the baby is born!

you can do it.. but it's going to be hard, my auntie is not finding out...

Hi topbird,

Not just you! I don't have the option I'm afraid! Our area only gives one scan at 12 weeks.

So we can be surprised together!

Valentine xxx

hey topbird,

dont worry, we dont know what sex the baby is either, naughty baby had its legs curled up at the 20 week scan, so we are having a surprise.

I hated it at first because then we had to buy neutral and couldnt pick definite names and stuff, but you get used to it as time goes on. im extremely impatient and hated the suspense of not knowing the sex, but now im excited for it to be announced when the baby comes out. :D

valentine said:
Hi topbird,

Not just you! I don't have the option I'm afraid! Our area only gives one scan at 12 weeks.

So we can be surprised together!

Valentine xxx

12 weeks :shock:

should they not give you more??

We're having a surprise too. I don't wanna fine out my DH did but he's agreed to wait. The thing is when they tell you at 20 weeks its not always definite - unless of course you see a little willy - but I do know a couple of girls who were told what they were having they went out and bought everything in pink or blue only to discover they were actually having the opposite so its all white outfits for my baby too. :D

I didn't find out at my scan, Dh didn't want to but i did so we decided the night before we'll have a little surprise. It's killing me now though :lol:

My cousin had her 20wk scan and was told it's a boy, turned out she had a girl :shock: and it does say in my maternity notes that the hospital are only around 70% certain, which wasn't good enough odds for me to go out buying pink or blue.
So I've bought white and a couple of lemon and white outfits.

Cx

Oh good - I am not the only person having a surprise then!

It is quite good for me not to know to be honest as I am so impulsive I will buy far too many of everything pink or blue and probably then find out they got it wrong!! or have the baby early/ late and nothing will fit etc...

A girl would be convenient as I am due 2 weeks after my neice was born 2 years ago so my sister has loads of clothes that are all the right seasons for our little one.....

But after the trauma we had in 1st tri - we are happy what ever we have, just delighted to still be here!

Hi. I'm 15 weeks and I am not going to find out either. Very tempted, but had 2 babies (boys) before and honestly the surprise is amazing. Worth waiting for!
:)

Hi, i haven't found out either and i didn't with my daughters, though it is sooooooooooooo tempting!!!!!!!

I haven't found out either, and I didn't with my other 3 children.

It's lovely to have that surprise waiting for you after all the effort of labour.

And it's also fun to have the chance of guessing and musing on what things are pointing towards it being a boy/girl etc. I am convinced this one is going to be a boy because I really want a girl, and already have a girl and 2 boys. But, I am trying to find every little detail that might show that it's a girl!

Heather x

Hi we are not going to find out either.

I started a post in 1st tri and i was also surprised at how many people were finding out- only because in "real life" most people i know didn't find out!

I sympathise with you TopBird. I wasn't really bothered about finding out the sex of my baby. I just wanted to know he/she was healthy. But my OH and my son really wanted to know so in the end I thought "oh well" and asked after the CVS.

When I had my son they didn't offer sexing scans or asked if you wanted to know. So, even now I do know I am still cautious in case they have it wrong! LOL

Sabrina
x

I also didnt get to find out so i'm on surprise number 3, i have been buying girls clothes(but keeping all tags and reciepts as i was told they can be returned :D ).

I have called LO 'he' an odd couple of times , so i'm thoroughly confused as to what i 'think' i'm having, the girls stuff is sooooo pretty though :D

I haven't found out, but haven't really bought much neutral stuff either - only a couple of white babygros to get through the first few days. I figured that as soon as I know the sex (i.e. when s/he's born) I'm going to want to dress him or her in girl or boy outfits so no point on wasting money on loads of neutral babygros.

Nope, not finding out here either! (even though it's already in my hospital notes because of my amnio .... ooh the number of times I've wanted to cave in and ask them!)

But no, we're holding out and looking forward to the surprise :cheer: (Though it definitely makes shopping that little bit more difficult!)

I didn't find out - I had a surprise with Maddie and wanted a surprise this time too.

Actually I found it harder not finding out first time around. This time we were pretty committed so it was fine!

LBxx

One of the first thing people ask is when I tell them I'm expecting is whether I know the sex, but when I say I want to find out if poss most of them think I'm mad! I won't mind if they can't tell - I just think it would be easier to know to get orgainised with some names and clothes. My Mum was convinced I was a boy all through and was disappointed I think to get (another) girl.

My friend who is also pregnant didn't find out either, nor did my sister first time around. My sister in laws friend was told it was a boy and she had a girl - so I won't go too mad either way!!

We're not going to find out either, I figure that day will be full of nasty surprises so I's like one nice one! And I'm sticking with green, white and yellow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blehhj
Back