Nervous! Am I the only one?

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
This is my first baby so I am very new to all this.
But I have to ask am I the only one nervous about my 20 week scan? Everyone seems to be all excited about it and I am nervous!! I am so excited about finding out what sex my baby is but I am terrified there is going to be some kind of problem!

My 12 week scan was perfect, my bloods came back perfect (however I didnt have the downs screening done cause I am only only 24 and there are no problems in my family or my OHs).

So is it normal to be worried? Or am I being a neurotic first time mum? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

no Vicky Its perfectly normal to worry incase something may go wrong. I was exactly the same with my 20 week scan, it felt as if everything had gone so perfectly that something had to go wrong, but thankfully it never. Your baby will be fine, i bet you cant wait to see them again, and see how much they have grown!
All i can say though, is dont get your hopes too high about finding out the babys sex, as you may not get to know if LO is being naughty :lol: !
Good luck with the scan :D .

i was nervous about my 20 week scan even though my 12 weeks scan was perfect and my bloods were perfect and my downs test came back low risk, but i had a friend who had bad news at her scan so i suppose that was always in the back of my mind.

i was very nervous about my 20 week scan even though everything looked normal at my 12 week one, its normal to feel nervous but dont worry everything will be fine :D

It's normal!

I was hugely excited but so so nervous at the same time!

I had tears of relief when she said all was well :D

It's perfectly normal! I was so excited until the last night and then I had nightmares. The relief to know everything was OK was overwhelming.

Can't wait for the 20 week scan this time but I'm sure I'll be nervous as anything beforehand like you!

LBxx

Again, its normal hun! We like to worry 24/7..its preparing us for motherhood!!
Ull feel better once uve seen you gorgeous lil baby!! :hug:

I am nervous but less so since my test results .My worry more than anything is ,is the baby growing enough as i am not gaining weight. It seems a lifetime away to me even though its 2 weeks.

it's perfectly normal....

I was excited about my 20 week scan in one way because I would get to see my baby again, but so scared incase anything was wrong.
The whole time I lay there watching and waiting to be told that something could be seen.........

I was so relieved when it was all over and I was told that baby looked perfect....

Relax and enjoy it (easier said than done) it is much longer than the 12 week one and you get sot see you baby for ages .......... :hug: :hug:

yeh mate its normal Im worried about mine as well, mainly cause others seem to have felt movement by now but I havnt, so I thinik, what if somethings wrong. The only this that keeps me going is the fact I havnt bleed or had bad tummy pains so think its ok.

Try and relax a bit till then, after the first few minutes when they say its fine you will be well happy and wonder what you were worried about

i'm glad i'm not the only one feeling the same things - a mixture of excitement about seeing them again, finding out the sex and a lot of worrying too!

i was really scared at the start of the 12wk scan - couldn't look at the screen until the nurse smiled. I lost my first baby at 11 wks - i went in with a slight bleed and when they scanned me, it was clear from her face something was horribly wrong :cry:. When I looked at the screen this time I cried as I was sooooo relieved! :dance:

now that i've started to feel something and bump is getting big, i'm happier but just worrying that they'll find something wrong despite tests being good so far! i think it's cos i'm 35 and that put me in high risk groups immediately.......

i'm just trying to put it at the back of my mind and think happy things.... :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back