Am I really sad?? :p

mrsT

Reaction score
Since starting to TTC - I have become obsessed with my birth story from my first. I never really got to tell anyone about it (bar my hubby as he wasn't there!)
I even wrote to the hospital and paid £25 to have my maternity notes sent to me so I could read them and talk about them some more!!

Am I completely sad to be so obsessed with telling people about it - well over a year after it happened!!!???

:get over it: :wall: :wall: :wall:

No hun its shows you care i still like to tell people about keeley's birth :D

Can i be nosey and ask why you hubby wasn't there?( :oops: :oops: :oops: )

(if that makes us sad then we wil be sad together :lol: :lol: :lol: :hug: )

lol! at least i'm not the only one!!

Hubby wasn't there as he is in the RAF and was in the Falkland Islands at the time!! He was allowed a week at home over my due date but Eloise was 12 days late!!!

mrsT said:
lol! at least i'm not the only one!!

Hubby wasn't there as he is in the RAF and was in the Falkland Islands at the time!! He was allowed a week at home over my due date but Eloise was 12 days late!!!

:eek: Naughty girl her comin late :lol: :lol:

We can start an i'm sad club :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:D the I'm Sad club it is!!

Do you want to tell me your birth story??
You don't have too - I just love being nosy!!

mrsT said:
:D the I'm Sad club it is!!

Do you want to tell me your birth story??
You don't have too - I just love being nosy!!

I didn't mean it like that sorry :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hi i haven't been on for a while that's cos i have to share the computer with the rest of the family

Anyway just like to announce that my little girl keeley-paige was born on the 15 th of september at 1.40pm weighing 7lb 15oz's after a 37hour labour and she was 8 days overdue.

i started on just gas and air but by 6.30am friday morning i counldn't cope any longer so i asked for an epideral, that started working straight away. by 11am keeley's heart rate kept going below 70 beats per minute so they were preping me for threate to have a c-section but they saw i was 10cm dialated they asked whether i counld push so i started pushing at 1pm and 40minutes later my little girl was born,

i have loads of photo's on my phone but no way of getting them on the computer so if anyone know's how to do it help wpuld be great

She's 8 days old now and the midwife weighed her yesterday and she now weighs just over 8lb.

(COPIED IT FROM THE OTHER SECTION AS I COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO WRITE IT ALL AGAIN LOL!)

nic & keeley said:
(COPIED IT FROM THE OTHER SECTION AS I COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO WRITE IT ALL AGAIN LOL!)

lol - don't blame you hun!

lol - crikey. We could be here a while!!
Here goes...

11 days overdue, I have my induction appt at midday which I drove myself too - they monitered Ellie and weren't happy as she wasn't moving much so they did a stretch and sweep and booked me in for an induction for 8:30 the next morning.

I got home and was a bit uncomfortable - had some bad BH's but nothing too concerning.
At about 4pm I was really uncomfortable and couldn't sit down, but didn't think anything of it and just walked in circles in the living room whilst watching TV!
At about 9pm I was a bit p****ed off so ran my OH, but apparently he was out bowling with his friends!! I had a shower and then tried to get some sleep.
About an hour later I ran the hospital as I couldn't actually sit or lay down, I was just walking round and round in circles and was getting tired and umcomfortable. The MW's said to have a bath and take some paracetomol as sometime a stretch and sweep can make you a bit uncomfortable :x
I finally managed to get hold of DH at about 2am as I was still pacing around our bed and he told me to ring the hospital again. I didn't want to as the MW had been a bit rude to me, but eventually did. Thankfully it was a different lady and she told me to come in.
At 3:15am(!) I rang my boss (of all people!) and he drove me to the hosp.
I was examined but was marginally dilated and cervis has still very high, so they sent me to the ward with a couple of paracetomol.
Contractions got worse and worse with no effect on my cervix :x
There were 2 more ppl in the ward being induced and I was sick in front of both on seperate occasions! :oops:

Eventually at 4pm a male asian dr examined me and said I was 5cms and could go to the delivery ward ( :cheer: ) was sooo happy!!

Pretty much immediately got naked and got on the birthing ball - thankfully had a student midwife there who was happy to rub my back and take me to the loo etc!!
Got to about 8:30 pm and wasn't dilating as much as they wanted so they broke my waters - the contractions immediately got alot stronger and closer together - on several occasions I had 3 in a row :shock:
Started pushing at about 10pm - wanted to be on all fours but after hours bouncing on a birthing ball and previous hours walking round and round, I was knackered so was half sitting / half lying down.
Was pushing away, when a new MW examing me and discovered I had a lip on my cervix. She didn't want me to push as it would make my cervix swell. I was shouting at her that I couldn't stop pushing, so she said if I didn't stop pushing then they would give me an epidural to make me stop. I freaked out and another MW (There were 3 down there by then!!) said she would try and push it out of the way, which thankfully worked.
At 10:42pm Eloise was born weighing 8lb14.5oz. I had bilateral labial tears and needed stitches but other than that was ok so got my mum to drop my car off at the hospital and I drove myself home the next day!!
Hubby got home from the Falklands when Ellie was 4 weeks old!

phew.... well done if you got through all that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:oops: i got carried away! :oops:

Wow what a birth story hun :shock: :D :hug: you should be proud and carry on tellin people your birth story :)

lol :hug: aw thanks hun

Most ppl fall asleep half way through :wink:

Wel i didn't i thought it was really interestin i love birth stories i'm just nosey thats why :lol:

i love readin and tellin my birth story lol, seein it written down is a lot less painful lol!! :lol:

nic & keeley said:
Wel i didn't i thought it was really interestin i love birth stories i'm just nosey thats why :lol:

I'm exactly the same! I don't actually like it when ppl just say - i was in labour for 10 hrs, baby weight 7lbs - I want all the details!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back