• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I paranoid??? Advice please ....

CathC

Reaction score
I have just waved my sons off to school as normal and was walking through the house to go in shower when I felt water running down my pj leg. On getting to the bathroom I was soaking wet! Had a shower and when OH came back from school drop off explained to him. I am 34 weeks gone with a cervical suture in place. Has anyone else experienced this. Is it a small leak or huge discharge. Although I have already two sons I have always had to have my waters broken, so not sure! I have just been online but there is so much on there it baffles my brain! Just lying quietly on bed now to see if anything else happens! No pain! If I ring hospital they will tell me to go in and to be honest I could do without lying in a hospital bed until things start moving! Any advice would be greatly appreciated xx

i get this quite regularly although not down my leg just on a pad and i told the midwife and she assured me its just discharge. I wasnt too satisfied with her answer and so am constantly on watch now x

We were talking about this the other day, it's hard to know whether it is heavy discharge or amniotic fluid and I have been worrying too. However I have not had it to the extent of it running down my leg, with you having needed a cervical suture I personally would call the hospital just in case. It is probably ok but better to be safe... The midwife told me amniotic fluid is straw like in colour and has a distinctive smell, although no one knows what that smell is like!! X

Always best to get checked is my advice, if it is your waters they will keep an eye on you becasue of infection. Also if you do start to labour don't they need time to take your suture out? Keep us posted x

I agree with the others, you ought to get it checked, even if its just for peace of mind - its just not worth the risk xx

I can only echo what people have said to go and get it checked.

Maybe the sutre has loosened and that is why you had the dribble xxxx

Thanks to you all! I called midwife who said it sounds like a little leak! And to call the hospital if I have any increase in fluid or if I have any pain! I have taken it easy today and it seems to have settled down and no pain! Baby is moving well and so will take her advice of having my OH run around after me! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back