Not much movement! Am I just paranoid?

CathC

Reaction score
Further to Spammy's thread! I too have a little back ache but have also not had any movement today! I have been busy rushing around with house work and shopping however I wonder if I'm just a bit paranoid! Does baby go quiet before labour? I know this is my third but my last was 9 years ago so I do feel like a first time mummy all over again cos I can't remember the symptoms! I'm sure they will all come flooding back as soon as it all starts for real. Just gonna sit quietly with my feet up for a while and see if LO wakes up! Any advice would be much appreciated? Thanks xxx

I have had loads of periods where baby has gone quiet on me and sent me into a panic. Best thing to do is drink an ice cold drink and sit and watch for movement as well as feeling it for an hour. As long as u get 4 movements in that hour u should be fine. Hope baby gets a wriggle on for u xx

I saw baby's foot for the first time, sometimes have OH put head on tummy helps heheh cold water never worked for me, the baby doesn't seem to mind

Thanks kanga tried the cold water and it worked a little, i did get some movement from LO. Woke up again this morning and not much movement, getting a little worried, DH wants me to ring MW which i will for peace of mind,
Did anyone else feel this scared????

They do slow down before birth but always good to check - I would ring to be on the safe side. x

My midwife says at every appointment
To ring if I have decreased movement so id say phone them. It certainly won't do any harm honey. Be good to put your
Mind at rest. X

I have been so panicked the last few weeks about baby's movements. If ur still worried then I would definitely ring ur mw or ur hospital. They will probably get u in for a trace, which is so reassuring xx

Yeah I had movement for 5 hours yesterday but 2 days where he couldn't be bothered. But you could always get a GP or MW to check quickly for you

Definitely go get checked hon, I had a very scary fortnight of vastly reduced movement and was monitored almost every day, and they really reiterated every time that I must phone up if I don't feel there's been enough movement. They deal with this every day remember, they're used to it. Please put your mind at ease xx

I know I'm not as far as you but the other week I had reduced movement and called midwife who came to my house to check she heard babys heartbeat but I was still worried so went in for monitoring as soon as she put them on baby went crazy its just reassuring to get monitored so ring your midwife or the hospital no point worrying yourself when they are there to help hope all okay xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back