Am I overreacting?

Snuggle

Reaction score
I went to bed at 9pm last night because I had pains in my tummy and wasnt feeling too good and spent most of the night up and down to the toilet. When I woke up this morning I had really sore pains in my lower back which were going through to my tummy and I got quite upset about it. DH got up and helped me out of bed and told me to phone midwife then got in shower and got ready for work. Midwife told me to make appointment with GP to see if I have a urine infection and I assumed DH would stay off work with me seeing as I was in a bit of pain but he didnt. I told him I was really upset that he was going to work when I was feeling like this and he replied 'I cant stay off work just coz you have a sore back'. I know I suffer from backache quite a lot but its a different sort of pain today and I have never asked him to stay off work before. We are now not talking, the last thing I said to him was that I wont forgive him for leaving me knowing how much pain I was in. I have to go see GP on my own and I'm feeling really sorry for myself because I feel like my DH doesnt care :(
Am I overreacting?

erm - yes a little. :? :hug:
This is his job - he can't call in sick as he isn't. I doubt he wants to use up holidays right now. He can't be with you every time you're in pain. I appreciate that going to the doctors alone can be daunting but you'll be doing it quite often. You're probably feeling a little low and upset so let it go - call him when you've been the doctors then enjoy the peace and quiet :hug:
I had vertigo for 3 months last year and had to crawl around when it was really bad, but I would never have asked my OH to stay off work with me. And when I managed staff I would have been annoyed if he had called in - if you were ill and in hospital or going for an emergency scan it would be different.

This is a tough one, as obvioulsy we don't know the whole conversation etc.

I'm not sure I would want my OH to stay off work if I was ill unless I couldn't do things for myself.
He might be feeling like the baby is nearly here and he wants to go and earn money to buy things for it.
Men are funny things and I know my OH sees work and money differently now we have kids. Talk to him, explain how much this has upset you and see if there is another reason.

Hope you feel better soon

:hug:

Thank you for your replies :hug: I think I am just feeling low and sorry for myself because I cant move about very well today :( Have been to docs and she said I have sugar and protein in my wee so have done some tests. DH has phoned to make sure I'm ok, think I was expecting too much in wanting him to stay home today...bloomin hormones! :roll:
Urchin, my DH gets paid whether he goes into work or not because he's in RAF :cheer: so its not about the money. I feel quite bad for being so upset with him now :(

It's good that he's responsible enough about his work to want to go in. :hug: and he's called so he does care :D

Yeah, he's just been promoted too so obviously wants to make a good impression in his new role :D

Thanks libs :hug:

Awwwwwwww he sounds lovely! I'm so glad he called, he obviously does care a lot. Hope you're feeling much better soon, and that you get the test results back soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know how you feel, Daniel wont take a day off unless its life or death :roll:

I was in the same situation when I was pregnant, I had a few times when I was bleeding and even though I was advised just to stay at home and take it easy I expected him to stay off work to be with me. I suppose I just wanted comforting but looking back it was a bit silly him staying at home cos there was nothing he could do anyway.

It annoyed me at the time but one of the things I love about him is how commited he is to his work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back