Am I making these symptoms up? Late period!

Meep

Reaction score
Hi!

Firstly I should state that my OH and I aren't trying. But we have been together for almost 5 years, have our own home etc so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I did end up pregnant...infact, I'd rather like it...secretly! :whistle:

Basically, I was due my period around the 5th/7th January. The 12th is almost here and I've not had anything yet. Well, this may be a little bit too much information so I apologise but I've had a very light bit of browny pinkish colour stuff when I wipe so I don't know if that's significant at all? My last period was on the 6th or 7th December, although I don't remember exactly which day. My OH and I were reasonably busy through Christmas, if you know what I mean! :dance: We both had time off work so I guess we had to do something!

It wasn't until today that I suddenly sat and thought about the fact that my period hadn't arrived. Checked out some symptoms online, having not had a baby before, just to see. And now I'm wondering whether I'm hoping for these symptoms to be true and my body just thinks they are or if I'm just being silly which is probably how it is, knowing me! I've got stomach cramps as I write this, dull and achey. About 3 days before my period was due, I had really hardcore cramps and boob ache as well which is pretty normal for me. My nipples are mega sensitive at the moment and my libido is even higher than normal...! And some less pleasant things...I'm going for a wee quite a lot, got the squits...ha! (Told you this was less pleasant!) And I am burping and farting like a trooper! It's quite funny actually :lol:

I took a pregnancy test this evening, and it came out negative. But then I realised that the test had overrun it's expiry date. It said 2008/2009 on the foil packet. I've ordered some more of the same from the same website, so hopefully they'll be here soon so I can test again.

From you mothers-to-be and you mums-already, what do you think? I know it's hard to say without having had a proper test result but I'm curious.

Thanks in advance! :)

sounds very promising!!

lotsa baby dust for you hun xx

sounds good i would get myslef down to tesco or adsa or any pharmacy - and there are late night ones hehe!! and get a test and try now :D :test: :poas:

Only thing is, I haven't told my OH cos it'll freak him out! I'd rather have an answer for him...he'll wonder why I'm sneaking off to the shops :p I also feel weird about buying them in shops.

lol if trhey ask its for your niece just say you have bad heart burn and need some renne then you can bring back renne and a test but shhh about the test haha i have done it before :) plus no one will wonder :) also i just got tests online and they told me i was pregnant and my husband he was too hahahahaha :rotfl:

Last edited:
Are you serious?! Ha! OMG, scared now! I just get anxious about buying a test in a shop...like the shop keeper is staring at me! Plus they're so expensive these days. I can get 10 online of the cheap strip ones for £3.50!

yer they are cheep u could always get the cheap asda ones 2 for £4 :) althought the clear blue are the best if you get a box with two in then you always have one spare andf they tell nyou how far gone you are x

How much are the Clear Blue ones usually?

£14 for 2 but from a pharmacy might be 15 or 16 x not much really if you think about it when the oucome is so important or a singe one is around a a tenner

Sounds very promising!

I would go and test. i got my clear blue tests off Ebay (genuine seller and in date) pack of 2 digital ones for £6.50 and that's a bargain. if you pm me I will give you the link as I don't know if you can post links on here or not....

Fingers crossed for you

Donna xx

im still waiting for mine off ebay hahah ordered them christmas eve hahaha :rotfl:

Thanks Donna :) I'll wait up for the other tests to arrive and see what they do! Thank you though, may well be in touch.

So then do you reckon with the dates etc that's it sounds poss? I know with symptoms etc but I don't know if the dates are poss or not.

sounds promising if you are late and the symptoms ect . .. fingers crossed that the :witch: isnt coming ey! *baby dust* x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back