am i crazy! looking forward to labour!

hayley

Reaction score
am i nuts???? but i think i'm actually looking forward to labour.... think i might change my mind when the time comes.. but at the moment i'm kind of looking forward to contractions and giving birth....

Can someone please remind me of this post when i'm screaming in labour!

x

LOL Hayley,

I remember thinking the same as you several months ago, have to say that I am looking forward to the labour now but only as far as it means I get to meet my little one and mainly because i'm so blooming uncomfortable and my back & groin are slowly killing me, it'll be a relief to get him out :lol:

As the time gets nearer i am starting to get more worried & scared about it tho.

Will def. remind you of this when your time comes!! :lol:

Nicki.x

Hayley ...

If your looking forward to it that much ... u wanna take my place???

Your nuts woman lol!!!

lol hayley i think everyone looks forward to it really even though its scary you just want it to happen so you can have your baby :D xxx

I wasn't scared of the labour part and it turned out there was no need to be.

Yes, it did hurt, but it wasn't something to be scared of.

The midwives and the birthing partner are all there to help you through it and you will survive it just fine.

I think it is perfectly fine to look forward to labour. It is the most surreal and amazing thing I have ever done, and all my pain is forgotten and all I have left are the amazing memories of it.

My DH was wonderful and every time I think of my labour I get very emotional about all the help I received and floating around in the birthing pool.

labour is incredible really. A complete miracle.

I dont think you are mad at all, and i happen to agree with you.

Pain is as bad as you make it , if phsycologically you deal with it the physical side of it is easy. I love a mental or physical challenge and endured a lot of 'pain' in the army before i left to have this baby.

I am looking forward to the challenge and the experience of such an amazing event and am confident i can deal with the pain, which is worth it all to hold your baby in the end. I agree with Sarahwithbabybelly in that it is nothing to be scared of.

i'm looking forward to looking in my babies face! i can't wait to see who he or she looks like... my DH has 3 sons to his first wife (21 to 17yrs old) i keep looking at them to see if they look like their dad.... it's so exciting!!!! I'd like my nose (not the best in the world but its girlie - we'd like a girl) and his fingers (lovely long piano fingers) his skin (never gets spots) but most of all 10 fingers, 10 toes, 2 eye and a nose - a healthy baby... any sex! it doesn't matter in the end as long as our little one is healthy and happy!

I think this is what i'm looking forward to the most - being introduced to our baby...

I supose the pain and pushing is all part of it....

thanks for your replies

x

cheers tankett - don't you hold back!!!!

he he

Yea Imi - i think living with our partners helps us cope with labour pains.... if we can put up with their crap... then!!!!! need i say any more...

x

LOL!!!

No Hayley i think we have said it all!!! ... Must say im glad my OH doesn't come on this site ... I'd be single by the end of the day LOL!!!

My DH would expect it of me... he knows my temper at the moment!!! bless him.... the other nite i went down stairs for a drink of water.... i was running the tap to get the water cold.. when DH shouted down the water fall.... i thought he was being a victor meldrew... and moaning about me wasting water!!! I shouted back "shut your mouth moaner" as soon as i'd said it my brain got into gear and realised he was talking about the water feature at the front of the house.... we'd left it on..... had to go up and give him a big kiss and apologise!!!!

x

OHHH hayley you catty mare you!!!

Im always telling my OH to shut up ... he will actually learn when he gets home and receives the punch thats 8wks over due :)

I really looked forward to it aswell, and although it didn't go to plan at all it was a very positive experience :D I actually look back and can say I enjoyed giving birth (is that wierd?!)

It is the most accomplished feeling when you have given birth to your baby and then they are handed to you - I remember looking at Mark and saying 'I did it!'. It's amazing :)

I am really looking forward to meeting my little one and Im trying to keep positive about the actual labour. Im going to order the Natal Hypnotherapy cds and keep up with my exercise - I hope it helps. I find it amazing that all mothers say that the pain immediately disappears when babe has arrived :D

LOL yeah living with OH is a mental and physical challenge!! Ha ha ! especially in his current nymphomaniac mood!

I cant wait to give birth, im a loon!!! I have just been told that a girl at another agency of the company i work for went into labour at work as she worked up until 2 weeks before her due date! I am doing the same and am petrified of being in labour at work, the pain doesnt worry me but seeing my work collegues staring does!!! and the dry cleaning bill would be huge, lol!! :D

i worry i might go into labour on the M62.... might have to make a dash to Ikea... I'm working upto week 37 if i can....

x

Sorry, I'm being a complete wimp. I'm finishing at 34/35 weeks, and am not looking forward to the labour part at all.

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to meet LO, but after having my daughter I swore that if I ever got pg again, I would do whatever I could to get an elective c-section! :shock: I hope I'm not scaring anyone, but I had a nightmare labour (mostly because I was so young and niaive that I didn't dare speak my mind, and I trusted the midwifes, never again :twisted: ). One day, I'll post the whole traumatic experience on here, but at the minute, I'm focussing on being pg and trying to forget what it's all leading to!! :shock: :lol:

don't want to worry you further but i was just speaking to a girl in the office about the fun of labour!!!! she was saying he did everything the midwife said.. she pushed when told to and held back when instructed.... but she still suffered really bad tearing... majority of it inside.... this followed with piles didn't help... she said she would hold the shower head on her lady bits to cool them down when they felt on fire... nice!

i think i'm looking at this labour thing.. with rose tinted glasses... which suits me just nice at the moment...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back