• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

am i being unreasonable?

niknaks

Reaction score
As some of you may know my oh has a niece who he's taken responsibility for. He sees her as his daughter and vice versa. But she and her mother treats him like a bank and he's the only one who doesn't see it. And now her mums taken her to live in Brazil and she Hates it there his brother is trying to help oh being her back. Well because of how she is and to keep oh sweet I said it should be leos choice what he calls her and for now she can be his cousin sister. Well oh doesn't like that at all and today I was reading his fb messages to her and she put can't wait for you to meet your little brother. I am fuming. I want it to be our sons choice. It's not fair on him tp have this forced on him. Im just waiting for oh to say anything before i dobecause i cant be arsed with arguments.shes only 14 but she acts a lot older and has attitude and I hate that my oh doesn't see it. Don't know if I'm being unreasonable or not.

Also oh has a son from a previous relationship but was never allowed to see him so just kinda left it. Well now his ex has come back on the scene after finding out about Leandro and me and oh getting married. She's letting him see him next week which I don't mind but she said she has to pick him up as her husbands not happy about it. She's a bit weird though and only messages him when I put things on fb about me and oh and now she's gone abf got a hair cut which is very similar to mine. Dunno if I'm just being paranoid. Just hating all this baggage and feel like I'm gonna get pushed away. Also she's been chattin to his niece a lot trying to get on her good side. Everything just seems to be winding me up lately and kinda wish I never fell in love with him xxx

Don't know what to say about the niece thing, it's strange to me, I honestly think they should just be cousins no?? I mean, she's not his sister and cousins can be just as close as siblings :eh: sounds like it means alot to your fella though.

As for the other son, it's good that he's going to see him, his ex is an ex for a reason, but if you're uncomfortable with it can u discuss it with him? X

I think its a bit strange to call her sister when she is not its kinda messed up when she is older! As for Oh seeing his kid thats brilliant news, if your worried about his ex maybe talk to him about it but if he wanted to be with her she wouldn't be an ex remember xx

Hmmm tricky one! I think no matter what Leo will eventually decide what to call the niece iykwim?

Not sure what to say about the ex as I've never been in that situation but she sounds like she's jealous and attention seeking!

Yeah that's how I feel about this whole sister thing. But oh is like she's like his daughter blah blah blah and she has him wrapped around her little finger and only wants him when it about money. Just wish hed see it. I just feel like hes being used for his good heart.

As for his other son. Im actually quite happy about it. I love the fact that leandro has an older brother. And jordan seems to be a good kid but just a bit shy. But dont blame him. Hes only just found out about oh and leo. Just his mums a bit wierd. She was constantly after my oh in the past even when they split up and when she was getting married asked oh to stop the wedding. Maybe I just have trust issues from my past and just scared because of what oh told me about her. But she's married now and has 3 more kids she just seems a bit strange lol xxx

Tbh I'd not make a big deal about the cousin/sister thing - its just a title and like pinky says he'll decide in his own time.

I used to refer to my cousins kids as my nieces/nephews cos I was that close to her at the time. And my best mate is G's auntie. If it means a lot to ur OH I'd let him have that one. Xxx

Yeah suppose so but just want it to be leandros choice. Don't want him to be like why did you force that on me when it was her decision to call oh dad. Plus she gets jealous whenever whenever she's on Skype to oh and he shows her Leandro or he has to do something for Leandro. I'm normally quite good with kids but there just seems to be something about her xxx

bein devils advocate here - but doesnt someone have to make the choice for Leandro to start with, - it'll be a while before he understands what the difference is. I cant imagine he'll feel like its been forced on him, cos what ever you guys refer to her as will be normal to him iykwim,

plus kids are pretty quick to make up there own mind, we refered to my gran as GG (great gran) for my brothers kids, but my neice used 'other granny' for a while, and after my dad make a cheeky comment she's now Old Granny (which my gran loves) - and that was at just 3years old. Im sure L will decide on his own before long. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back