Am I being overly sensitive?

lisey27

Reaction score
Hi all,

some of you know I have had issues with the people at my work, some two-faced, some stirrers and some just insensitive.
Well one of the women (who knows about both MCs) said to me today "are you in the early stages again" (of pregnancy)...cos my skin is playing up and it did at beginning of pregnancy. It isnt even 3 weeks since my loss-as if I would be pregnant again and even if I was, those symptoms wldnt be apparent yet!! She also knows that we are not planning on trying again for a while so why would she say it! I have been doing ok last few days, getting on with stuff and been feeling more myself again but this set me back today, it has been on my mind since.
Do you think it was just a random comment without thinking or do you think it was a snide comment to get to me? She is a bit like that sometimes, says things to people for a reaction. I have had issues with her in the past as I found out she was saying stuff about me but she doesnt know I know that! Sometimes I hate working with all women, there is only one girl there I trust, all the others are about point scoring.

Arrrgggghh, stupid, stupid woman!! xx

what an insensitive thing to say, she obviously didnt think that one through when she opened her big fat gob did she! :hugs: you're deffo not been overly sensitive at all, its her just been a tit, i think if i were in your shoes i'd be pretty peeved with her too xx

oh god hun people are such arseholes i had problems with people who just dont think my boss said to me ( after i popped a button off my trousers ) '' well you cant blame the baby anymore can you'' then a guy came up to me and said '' oohh you are not showing are you'' ...........no seeing as i lost my child......

you are not being oversensitive hun, it is natural and people should think before they speak

Thanks, both of you xx

I wanted to make sure that I wasnt over reacting, I was a bit shocked at the time and now I just feel low. I am not going to let her know though as a part of me thinks that was her intention..

So sorry you had such horrible things said to you too Lynette, some people lack compassion and common sense xx

Last edited:
Lisey that was horrid of her

I would have been v upset too

People just don't think hun, that was awful to say that. I think also sometimes everyone can be sympathetic to others needs if they want to, but having lossed a baby myself , I now know how awful that feels like, and I now I always think more carefully about what I say in those situations, so maybee she has no real compreshension of what you have been through, or how her comment may be percieved , but even so , some people just plain don't think before the mouth opens! XX

I really feel she didn't think her comment through before she opened her mouth.

I always felt guilty (I have 2 children) when my friends had MCs and I never brought it up unless they said something. Now that I've had two MCs in a row I know how they felt even more so as most have only had 1. Even my friend asking me where we are in our baby plans now made me feel nervous.

Wow some people just seem to spout complete insensitive shit don't they? What a horrible thing for her to say! I don't think your being overly sensitive at all I just think some people are complete nasty bas***** . Steer clear of the nasty cow. Lots of hugs sent to you xx

Thanks everyone xxx

She has had a MC herself so I would have thought she would have some compassion but she doesnt seem to. I am sure she is trying to upset me and make me feel worse as she has been up to her old tricks of stirring stuff and trying to get me in trouble with my boss (when I havent done anything). I have got to get out of that place soon as I hate being around such negative people xx

Thanks, both of you xx

I wanted to make sure that I wasnt over reacting, I was a bit shocked at the time and now I just feel low. I am not going to let her know though as a part of me thinks that was her intention..

So sorry you had such horrible things said to you too Lynette, some people lack compassion and common sense xx

she had a mc too, she never thinks before she speaks she is a total dickhead

ignore them people sweets

Thanks, both of you xx

she had a mc too, she never thinks before she speaks she is a total dickhead

ignore them people sweets

Thanks hun, I am going to try my hardest...Grrrr, stupid woman!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back