am i aunty?

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by trixipaws, Dec 7, 2007.

1. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

i kno i AM an aunty (my older sister has 3 children) but was wondering if my boyfs nieces are my nieces too? i kno they would be if we were married. i do call myself their aunty. im not being cheeky am i?

2. mummykay

mummykay Well-Known Member

nope, im Aunty Kayleigh to OHs adorable niece - her mum started callin me Aunty Kayleigh infront of her and she picked it up - soooooooooo cute!!!

I say if ur with the uncle then ur an aunty lol :lol:

3. Misslarue

Misslarue Well-Known Member

Def not. I call my brothers OH Aunty Dawn although they are not married :D

.............I call my OH's nan, granny. She doesn't seem to mind and when she calls she always says 'hey Jo, its granny!!'

I don't know, I might be way off...................but when you have kids together I guess you will always be connected to the family :think:

4. kellie80

kellie80 Well-Known Member

Yeah I would say you are. My sil has 3 kids but they don't call me auntie but her youngest was like 5 when we met so it just never felt right. If there were any more kids born in his family I would be auntie.

5. Xena

Xena Well-Known Member

You're not being cheeky at all.

I don't feel like an auntie at all, even though I kind of am.
    DH's oldest sister has 2 girls
    DH's second sister has 2 boys
    DH's brother has 4 boys
    and my stepbrother has 2 boys

but none of them call me auntie, and I doubt very much that any of me even think of me as being auntie, and I don't feel like an auntie.

Blah.

6. Penstraze

Penstraze Well-Known Member

My OH doesnt have any brothers or sisters so it isn't something that will come up that way he is quite close to his cousin and she has always called us Aunty and uncle to her son even though neither of us offically are. My sister has just had my first nephew and we call OH his uncle I think its very much depends on the family what people choose to call each other my family always called all close grown up adult friends aunty or uncle so and so :lol:

Xena I'm sure the labels of aunty wouldn't effect you relationship with any of them :hug:

7. Lola's Mummy

Lola's Mummy Well-Known Member

I don't think your being cheeky my sister has a little boy and we class my OH as his uncle and my sister's OH as Lola's uncle and neither of us are married :D

8. Minime

Minime Well-Known Member

I agree with that. I dont like kids having various (non) aunties/uncles when your bro or sis has partners but if they had kids together then I dont mind that. My neice and nephews dont call my OH uncle but they're like 20, 15 and 15 so hardly surprising lol! I consider my OH's neices as my neices but they're in south africa so dont call me anything really!

9. amzhunny

amzhunny Well-Known Member

Of corse you are an Aunty! My OH is Uncle to my niece and nephew my niece calls me aunty amy all the time now its so nice xx

10. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

thanx guys! :D

11. Slinky Sarah

Slinky Sarah Well-Known Member

my own nephews dont call me aunty but i get cards that say aunty on them.

#11 Slinky Sarah, Jan 3, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009