ALS , Lasteral Sclerosis ?

katey123

Reaction score
Hi , I've just found out that my dad and all 3 of his siblings have Amyotrophic Lasteral Sclerosis , I have found out that's it's a disease or the nervous system and is sometimes called Lou Gehrig's disease it seems to be similar to Parkinsons Disease . It will offen run in families , I am very like my dad in build and I share with him problems with my leg's circularion causeing varicose veins and unexplained pain and buising.
I'm unable to find much help or information about how to help the systoms and I'm abit worried now .
My dad is always falling over and can only walk with a stick for support he can't walk up stairs at all , his brother ,my uncle, is in a wheelchair most of the time , my aunt has been at death door for the last 5 years and my other aunt has recently died at the age of 59 years. My cousin has had a stoke last year and she's the same age as me . I'm not one to regularly visit doctors and I will probaly not try to get a diagnosis for myself but I am worried and would love to know anything from anyone who has knowledge or experience of ALS .
Thank you in advance xx:oooo:

Last edited:
I've just seen your message and sent you one back before I've seen this. Hope I've been some help and that your feeling a bit more in control of this very soon x

Hi, I teach about ALS although I'm no expert. If i can help in pointing you towards some good websites PM me. Have you spoken to a doctor about it? If so many of your family have it I would wonder if in your case it might be genetic and therefore if you can be tested? I honestly don't know the answer to that but it might be worth an ask. I'm sorry its a devastating diseases and awful to watch relatives suffer with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back