Already got our names picked!

Chrissy1

Reaction score
Since about 6 months after me and my DH met we've had out childrens names picked out...... now I'm only 8 weeks pg with our first child I'm starting to think a bit more seriously about what we call them and the effect it will have on them as they grow old.

for a girl we've got Poppy May Hollingsworth

for a boy it's Alfie Jack Hollingsworth

Just wondering what you think of those names....they're not cruel are they???

At the minute the only think I wish I could change would be the length of the surname. It's going to take us years to learn them to spell it!! :rotfl:

Both great names, love the name poppy especially, it's so pretty. Only thing with Alfie and Jack is that they are pretty well used at the moment but if that doesn't bother you then yeah they're ace 8)

They are both lovely names Chrissy :D

I wish I was finding so easy to pick this little guy's name!!!

they are gorgeous

my jack was going to be alfie jack
but when he was born alfie didnt suit him so he got jack alfie instead
which suits him much better

I really like them both. Alfie would of been our choice for a boy.

I've got a dog called Poppy, I'd only ever known it as a pets name until a few years ago when it became popular as a baby name, and back then I was like 'that's rediculous'. But I really like it as a baby name now, my mum said the other day, you could call your baby Poppy if it wasn't for the dog and I was abit gutted, wishing we'd named the dog something else so I could use Poppy as a baby name :wall:

xJodieLoux said:
I really like them both. Alfie would of been our choice for a boy.

I've got a dog called Poppy, I'd only ever known it as a pets name until a few years ago when it became popular as a baby name, and back then I was like 'that's rediculous'. But I really like it as a baby name now, my mum said the other day, you could call your baby Poppy if it wasn't for the dog and I was abit gutted, wishing we'd named the dog something else so I could use Poppy as a baby name :wall:

Funnily enough when we lived in our old house we were gutted because the neighbours got a new puppy and they called it Poppy so we thought we wouldn't be able to use it when we got pregnant. Luckily we moved house (not because of that I have to say :rotfl: ) so we can still use it now

Poppy is so pretty, I love flower names for little girls.

As Leckershell says, Jack ad Alfie are very popular at the moment, but if you don't mind sewing extra nametags into his schoolclothes you'll be OK :lol:

I love the name Poppy too.... but unfortunately it is my cats name...

well done - lovely names :hug:

My dad wanted to call me Poppy
I love the name (tho i can't imagine being called it now!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back