Allergies?

DarcyHodge

Reaction score
So I'm not 100% sure yet if I've actually got a bfp leaving it a week and testing again but anyway I'm wondering of you can pass on allergies, my husband is allergic to nuts and I'm obsessed with reeces peanut butter. Could me eating peanuts cause harm to the baby? If there is one.

I'm not sure sweet, I know there was some evidence a while back that suggested you can pass allergies/intolerances on and I even think they used to advise women against eating nuts during pregnancy but the NHS certainly don't advise you to avoid nuts anymore. I'm guessing any evidence they had was nullified at some point.. I ate all kinds of nuts (I also love peanut butter) throughout my first pregnancy and my daughter has no allergies whatsoever. Obviously as with all things I would exercise some moderation but eat away :) Crossing my fingers your bubs is a sticky! xx

Hey hon my husband and his brother are allergic to peanuts and Brazil nuts and I love nuts ! I know that NHS have advised that if neither of you have those allergies then your fine to eat peanuts but I think they were exercising caution if there's a family history
I've stopped eating all nuts just in case and even though I miss and crave them I'm going on the side of caution just in case the allergy is passed on X

Last edited:
Hey thanks for your responses I think I will just avoid it at the moment just incase I am pregnant xx

I've already said to hubby I can't wait for some cashews once the babies are here lol and when he's out & they are having a nap or something I'll have some tasty crunch peanut butter on a crumpet yum ;-)

My midwife told me that as long as yourself or partner are not allergic then you can eat those foods but if either of you was allergic to a food source such as nuts then to avoid them ... I would say avoid until you speak to a midwife x

I've already said to hubby I can't wait for some cashews once the babies are here lol and when he's out & they are having a nap or something I'll have some tasty crunch peanut butter on a crumpet yum ;-)

It's reeces peanut butter cups that I love and cashews x

Also I'm pretty sure I'm pregnant as I've just done another test and I've drank lots today I'm still only 12dpo in a 29 day cycle but this came up after two mins x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    378.7 KB · Views: 4
Ooh congrats I would say your are pregnant :) x

Congratulations! Studies have shown that eating nuts while pregnant can actually help prevent your child getting an allergy. But don't know if that counts when one of the parents has the allergy. Allergies are certainly passed on, but your child doesn't always get the same allergy as you have. I'm allergic to artificial food colorants and birds, my son to eggs. Best mention the allergy to your paediatrician after birth and if you want to eat nuts now, ask your midwife to be sure. Good luck with the pregnancy!

Thanks I have tons of allergies, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, grass, straw, some cats lol the list goes on haha as far as I know my oh it's just nuts and we only found that out a few years back when he took a reaction x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back