Allergic to Scrambled Egg?

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Yesterday I gave H some scrambled egg for her tea for the first time, Within 2 minutes of her eating it she started crying and rubbing her face pretty hard.. Her neck chest and face came out in a nettled type rash. She projectile vomited pretty badly afterwards. Once the sick was up she became back to normal. So I'm putting it down to a bad reaction to egg.. However I'm a tad confused as she has had egg in her foods before? Not a lot and never in pure form but she's had a few jars that in the ingredients say contain egg.

Has anybody's LO's suffered the same but been ok with egg in jars?

X

Sent from my annoyingly slow iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah we're the same never react to anything but pure egg. We thought it was butter on the toast with the egg at first but it's actually the egg. Don't know why maybe a protein or something is killed off when they make baby foods etc. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it.

Yes. g had a reaction to pure egg. Doc said its actually very common in under 5s. It's something that lost grow out of and we were advised to try her again I a few months time - but at a sensible time a e.g. Mid week when docs surgery is open. G had her reaction at just short of 6months, And we were advised to wait till 10months to re-introduce.

I believe there are properties of egg protein that make it react differently depending on what it's in. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Sorry to jump in on this thread, I know it's not exactly same.... But I'm intolerant to pure egg and have been since I was 14, yet I can eat it if its in cakes etc...... It's an odd thing but quite common apparently, means I can't have the flu jab and stuff though!!!

Seren.was allergic to egg.. my husband then fed her one of those manky party eggs when she was 18 months old (typical man, forgetting she was allergic) but fortunately there was Jo reaction!

You can try to give her only the yolk as the protein that is responsible for the allergies is in the white part.
In Greece they advice yolks from 9 months and egg white from 12 months.
Lots of kids they do grow out of egg allergy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back