Could my baby really be allergic to FRUIT???

munchkin1982

Reaction score
As the title says really (again! lol)

I am trying Layla on various different tastes with baby food etc but just the veg and fruit at the moment as she is still under 6 months.

However, EVERY time I give her a fruit flavoured or pure fruit baby jar food she comes up with a tiny rash on her temple area by her eyebrows?

It also happens when she has the fromage frais pots (wildlife ones by yoplait)

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the doc said keep trying different brands as he reckons it was more likely to be a "make-up" of the product etc ie preservatives.

Well, I tried her on a "Rachel's Organic Yoghurt" today... ok, so it was a yoghurt rather than a fromage frais, but it was a "My First Baby Yoghurt". (Expensive too just for 4!) Anyway... the rash appeared, but it was far worse this time.

I'd like to add this has nothing to do with my other "Rash" thread.

She has no other symptoms at all and shows no sign whatsoever of stopping eating what i give her - she obviously enjoys it... I'm the one thats worried about the rash that appears after that is all. It is gone then in a maximum of half an hour.

Any ideas? I have attached a pic but due to flash on camera you cannot really see it very well but gives you an idea (it's also a bit darker than it shows in pic whenit does come up)

xx

Attachments

• SDC14159 - Copy.JPG
    SDC14159 - Copy.JPG
    79.7 KB · Views: 17
I was going to say chlorine but then realized it's fruit pots and jars..... It's a very strange rash! Poor thing :( x

I know, we just cannot understand it. Even the cow and gate 100% pure fruit cocktail purees give her it too. Just that this organic yoghurt was the worst of them all. I don't know whether to just continue giving her them as there are no other symptoms etc and she loves eating them all! It's so confusing... :-( xxx

Have you tried pureeing fresh fruit? Just to rule out fruit, she might be allergic to something in jars or fruit pot x.

What fruits is it she's having hun? It's quite common for them to react to things like strawberries and citrusy type fruits when they're little xx

chaz - yeah i need to do more of the "fresh fruit" i think... the puree she has had by c&g has nothing but pure fruit in it though?

Alice - the fromage frais tend to be peach, raspberry or strawberry flavour. I don't give her the strawberry ones for the very reason that i read you shouldn't give strawberries before 1 yr? Although, the only strawberry flavoured stuff she does have is the c&g strawberry and banana flavoured porridge which she loves - and gets no rash whatsoever from that???

the yoghurt today was banana flavoured - she loved it :-S xx

Have I tried buying a banana mashin it up and see if she still reacts?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

yeah id go with the fresh fruit and try mixiing it with natural yoghurt? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back