Allergic reactions in pregnancy - will baby have allergies?

Unicorn

Reaction score
I'm currently having a facial allergic reaction, probably due to painting the nursery! I suffered quite badly with them last year and was on quite heavy steroids but managed to get it under control. This is the first reaction I've had in pregnancy and I'm concerned about the histamine effect on the baby. I've done a bit of reading into it and it doesn't seem that it will have any effect on the baby in pregnancy but I can't find anything about any long term effect it may have ie the baby being more prone to allergies when born.
Does anyone have any experience or knowledge regarding this please? xx

Sorry no experience other than I have hay fever and my daughter is fine! I doubt it would cause any problems to the baby xx

I'm allergic to what feels like everything and my DD is only allergic to strawberries randomly! I don't think it affects them at all x

I think allergies are purely down to fate sometimes! My partner and I both have eczema, so I'm pretty sure our little 'un will likely have it too - but I did read in a 'What to Eat When You're Pregnant' book that adding pre- and pro- biotics to your diet can help build the babe's immune system and may (and big doubtful may) help to make them more resistant to allergies. There's few studies about it and no hard evidence, but it can't hurt to try anyway, so I've been downing actimel and eating biolive yoghurts all the way in case it does help! ;)

That's really reassuring, thank you very much ladies, and I will get on the pro-biotic yoghurt YorksLass :) xx

I wouldnt really say it was an allergy but I noticed every time I ate dairy with a cabhan I was sick for hours afterwards. Was confused as to what was going on as I have never had an issue with dairy products before, ever since birth cabhan has always ended up quite poorly after eating dairy (diorrhea,hives and bellyache) doctors said everything was fine (we had him tested for lactose intollerance) all came back clear. It was only once he started school and we noticed a pattern in the diorrhea that dairy was affecting him massively. Took him doctors and it was there he got diagnosed with cows milk protein allergy. Tbh I think im going exactly the same way this time! But dairy as become more of an aversion this time

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back