Allergies...?

Krystal

Reaction score
Yesterday Jack had a little bit of a rash, nothing too much and it was light and few spots. I assumed cos he was happy that it was a bit of a heat rash from being at the seaside the day before. Anyway today he was at nursery and when I went to pick him up I noticed the rash was a lot redder and was all over his arms and legs, few more on his back and his tummy. So off I went to the walk in centre. She said looking at it she thought it may have been chicken pox but since he'd had it yesterday it would of blistered by now so pretty sure it's not that. She now thinks it's an allergic reaction to something, so we've given him some prescribed piriton. He's also got thrush on his bottom but he's teething at moment and she said it's common so we have so cream to use on that.

Anyway onto my question (sorry lol) If it is an allergy how the hell do I know what he had a reaction to?

He's had a couple of things he hasn't had before over past few days... Raisins, a tiny tiny lick of my mint chip ice cream, i've used sun screen on him. erm probably a few more.

What do I do? I'm scared he may have a more severe reaction to whatever it is next time. I don't know how to deal with allergies cos i'm lucky enough not to really suffer with any.

Yeah I've been thinking of writing a little food diary of everything he has so if it happens again i'll have some idea. thanks Mid :hug:

Just wanted to say that when my boy got chicken pox it looked like a rash and did not blister apparentley it is quite common to manifest like this and often mistaken for an allergy rash.

maybe she was right first time?

Hmmm. maybe. What other symptoms did your little boy get?

Nothing much just an itchy rash, He may have had a raised temp (cant really remember) but not really poorly.
I didnt believe the pharamsist that diagnosed but GP confirmed and basically said I was very lucky to get away with him having it so lightly!

SUNSCREEN!!

Ella gets a terrible rash as well as excema when I use it on her. Her arms, elbows and backs of her legs are usually the worst affected.

She had an allergic reaction last year, lasted about two weeks. She came up in wheals on her face, hands and other body parts which I think was from coming into contact with a certain type of material, but I'm still a bit stumped to what it was.

Really? I thought of that as a possibility but he'd had it on before a month or so ago. :doh: I hope not cos he had some more on today :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back