• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

alert?

nikkif

Reaction score
Charlotte seems very alert for her age. She sometimes doesnt even go to sleep between feeds but will sit in rocking chair for 15 mins or so and just sit with me quite content, then maybe sleep for a short while before next feed.(she does of course still sometimes sleep hours after a feed it is not every time) This if course is not fun for me in the middle of the night when she wont go straight to sleep!!

DO you think this is normal for her age?

xx

Some babies are very alert from an early age and it is really good news for you that she is happy to sit in her chair for a few minutes without attention. It means she will probably be quite easy later on as she sounds quite placid. On the other hand, where staying awake at night is concerned, my system is that when i feed Ani at night I dont speak to her or stimulate her in any way, and if she tries to catch my attention with grins, I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep - also I have a dim light so that she doesnt wake up as much. It takes som patience, but they soon get the idea of day and night and understand that at night it is sleepy time. :sleep: :sleep:
Anyway, works for me...
:hug: Lisa

i think so. but i think all babies are different so its not necesarily normal but its not abnormal if u kno what i mean?!
millie has always been alert when shes not asleep. really wide-eyed and looking around everywhere.
x

mamichuli said:
Some babies are very alert from an early age and it is really good news for you that she is happy to sit in her chair for a few minutes without attention. It means she will probably be quite easy later on as she sounds quite placid. On the other hand, where staying awake at night is concerned, my system is that when i feed Ani at night I dont speak to her or stimulate her in any way, and if she tries to catch my attention with grins, I close my eyes and pretend to be asleep - also I have a dim light so that she doesnt wake up as much. It takes som patience, but they soon get the idea of day and night and understand that at night it is sleepy time. :sleep: :sleep:
Anyway, works for me...
:hug: Lisa
oh yes i do that too. i make a point of NOT talking to her during nite feeds and i dont even switch a lamp on anymore. so she kno's nite is sleep time. it did take a few weeks to establish tho.
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back