airplane restrictions???????

lisa_davidson

Reaction score
hi, i am off on my hols in one week and a few things are worrying me. we are flying from east midlands and i'd like to hear if anyone can offer advice on the following.

what is the best way to take bottles on the plane...as someone said u have to taste them yourself...but u are only meant to keep made up bottles for one hour, so how can i make them up before hand?? (not breast milk)

can i take him through in a baby sling as when i check the buggy in i wont have any way to carry him.without severe arm-ache.

is there a limit to how much bottled water the hotels will supply? cos i will need loads to sterilize his bottles and change the water everyday.

does anyone know if any baby products are available in egypt cos according to travel sites...all they do is pampers nappies and nothing else!!

and just generally any other tips for on the plane/on the hol would really really be appreciated. we are going to sharm for two weeks and he will be 5 months.

thankyou
lisa xxx

Hi there.

We've just flown to and from Crete and we weren't allowed to take cartons of juice with us as we couldn't taste them beforehand and the toddler bottle of water that we had we did have to take a sip.

There is a limit to the amount of liquid you can take through in hand luggage. Nothing can be over 100ml and it needs to be in its own plastic bag. That said, the toddler bottle we had (one of those Tommee Tippee Kids On The Go ones) was over 100ml and we were allowed to take that on after we'd tasted it.

Baby slings are OK - we had to check our pushchair in as well. They could also let you keep him in the pushchair until you come to board - flying from Stanstead we had to check it in, but flying back from Crete they allowed us right up to the plane before we had to take her out.

Not sure about the bottled water in hotels - I would imagine that you can have as much as you can pay for. :)

HTH.

We went to France with Easyjet this September. Because the flight was only two hours I took two made up bottles with 100ml in each which was enough and Jake was aloud to taste it. If the flight is longer you could take the milk measured out in a dispenser and ask them to fill the sterilised bottle with boiling water on the flight. Any amount of liquid you buy once you have passed through security though is fine to take on board. I wouldn't think that it would be a problem for you to take your LO in a sling but you will probably have to take him out of the sling so they can put it through the x-ray machine at the security gate. If you want though you can check the buggy in and then take it with you and they will take it off of you again when you get to the aeroplane (that's what we did). We didn't have a problem getting nappies in France but i'm glad I took a tin of SMA milk because I couldn't find it over there. I'm not sure about water as the tap water is ok to drink in France. I would think you will beable to buy bottled water in Egypt but make sure it is suitable for babies as some bottled water isn't.

Hi there

I have taken DS on 6 flights (and look at the age of him lol!!). Anyway, i always take PLENTY of bottles in case of delays. Last time my flight got cancelled and adverted a major panic as I had packed a fair bit of milk. I also had water and gripe water in a small bottle.

I used carton formula - ie the ready made stuff, but as it is over 100ml you have to pour into the bottle before you get to security. When you go through security you have to test (YUCK). This applies to all liquid water etc.
I usually use a sling but I have never had to check the pushchair in yet... each time I have been allowed to take to steps of aircraft, but you can check this with your airline.

Anyway happy flying (if you hve not already gone :wave: )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back