Help needed about feeding while out for the day!

Londoner Claire

Reaction score
Hiya all

I am going out to the coast tomorrow for the day and will have no access to sterilizing equipment. I have bought some cartons of formula milk so I don't have to worry about taking bottles (I am taking two ready made though). I have only just thought, how on earth do I use them? It says on the cartons that I need to sterilize bottles to put the milk in but she is on two hourly feeds, I don't have enough bottles and couldn't keep them fresh all day anyway. I will be out about 15 hours. Anyone any advice please?

Do you have a cool box?

If you can't take enough sterilised bottles I'd just try your best to keep everything as cool as possible. I know the cartons once opened last for 24 hours in the fridge.

Maybe you could take extra teats in a sealed container so at least the bit going in her mouth is sterile every time?

*EDIT* I meant to say, use the same couple of bottles.

Minxy said:
Do you have a cool box?

If you can't take enough sterilised bottles I'd just try your best to keep everything as cool as possible. I know the cartons once opened last for 24 hours in the fridge.

Maybe you could take extra teats in a sealed container so at least the bit going in her mouth is sterile every time?

*EDIT* I meant to say, use the same couple of bottles.

I don't have a cool box no but great idea about the teats. If I stertilize them before I go will they stay sterile all day then if I keep them in a sealed sandwich bag?

I would've thought it's your best option, it should be fine for a day. In my hospital that had individual sealed teats, they were great! But I've not seen them in the shops :?

I know you can get dispolable bottles i think tomme tippee make them you could buy some of them to take with you :?

Minxy said:
I would've thought it's your best option, it should be fine for a day. In my hospital that had individual sealed teats, they were great! But I've not seen them in the shops :?

Yeah, very good point. They had them where I had both of my kids too. Wonder why they aren't widely available. :roll:

nic & keeley said:
I know you can get dispolable bottles i think tomme tippee make them you could buy some of them to take with you :?

I didn't know that, thanks, that will be handy for next time. Too late to get them for tomorrow now though.

Get some "steri-bottles"

they sell them in most supermarkets and boots....

about 3 for 3 i think

my sister used to get them when she was off out....

Thanks Jane, I will do that next time. I didn't have chance to go after I posted as we were off first thing. Jade slept nearly the whole day, probably the fresh air instead of London smog for a change so it wasn't so bad. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back