Agony under my right side at ribe cage

HopeJoy29

Reaction score
Anyone else experiencing pain on their right hand side at their ribcage? It never goes away its a constant ache :-( ?? Probs the baby growing ( im 25 weeks plus 4 )

Any advice is great thanks xx

Having experienced this myself but could it be the way that baby is lying putting pressure on your ribs? Hope it eases for you soon x

Hiya, I am the exact same. It is on my right side only and it is just throbbing the entire time. I can't wait to get home from work to take my bra off. I had it a few weeks back and it seemed to go away and these last few days it's back and worse pain then before.

I just noticed we are due the exact same day too!

X

Thanks fairyprincess hope ur well xxx

Oh wow ru?! Do you know what ur having? I feel so huge. X

hiya, no we didn't ask what we are having!
I feel huge today too. I feel like I am waddling along!

Did you find out what you are having?
How's your rib pain?
I put mine down to my office job and sitting down all day, I am doing pregnancy yoga and that gives me a small bit of relief

X

This happened to me last time and was there for days. Felt like LO's elbow was digging in my ribs. I was so uncomfortable at my desk at work, then a colleague gave me a fantastic tip......
Put something warm, such as a wheat bag or water bottle low down by your pubic bone and something cold like an ice pack or bag of frozen peas on the pain. The baby will move away from the cold and towards the warmth. It did work! Baby moved right down. Almost looked like a back flip x

hiya, no we didn't ask what we are having!
I feel huge today too. I feel like I am waddling along!

Did you find out what you are having?
How's your rib pain?
I put mine down to my office job and sitting down all day, I am doing pregnancy yoga and that gives me a small bit of relief

X

Oh lovely a wee surprise for you then x

Im having another boy so excited. My son is 11 so theres a huge gap!
Still got the rib pain but also backache and pain right down my right leg? Not sure whats going on. How u keeping? Where r u from? X

This happened to me last time and was there for days. Felt like LO's elbow was digging in my ribs. I was so uncomfortable at my desk at work, then a colleague gave me a fantastic tip......
Put something warm, such as a wheat bag or water bottle low down by your pubic bone and something cold like an ice pack or bag of frozen peas on the pain. The baby will move away from the cold and towards the warmth. It did work! Baby moved right down. Almost looked like a back flip x

Oh thank-you i will try that xx hope ur keeping well? Xx

I will have to give that a try too. Thanks very much for that.
It seems to come and go but today is v sore.

Wow, 11 years! He will be one proud big brother.

I live in Dublin and this is my first baby.
I seen the baby kicking through my clothes for the first time today so I am floating on cloud 9 now!

Have you thought of any names yet? Have you bought much?

I met up with my travel friends at the weekend for a reunion, and my friend had a morrck blanket for her little baby girl.
Have you heard of them?
It was great as she just left it in the car seat and then wrapped the baby in it for going out and was able to un wrap it in the car or in the hot shopping centre.
I am going to order one :)

Xx

I had this from about 24 weeks -40 weeks in my first pregnancy - unfortunately sometimes the babies like to lay in the most uncomfortable ways.... My sister didn't have it with baby #1 but is also having a terrible time with it at 27weeks with #2. Unfortunately I was told I just had to put up with it and it was tough but got through it on the end! I hope baby moves to a better position soon!

Worth noting - my midwife says it tends to happen when baby likes to lay back to back.... So maybe try some exercises on all fours or look at other ways to encourage baby into better position? Xx

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I will have to give that a try too. Thanks very much for that.
It seems to come and go but today is v sore.

Wow, 11 years! He will be one proud big brother.

I live in Dublin and this is my first baby.
I seen the baby kicking through my clothes for the first time today so I am floating on cloud 9 now!

Have you thought of any names yet? Have you bought much?

I met up with my travel friends at the weekend for a reunion, and my friend had a morrck blanket for her little baby girl.
Have you heard of them?
It was great as she just left it in the car seat and then wrapped the baby in it for going out and was able to un wrap it in the car or in the hot shopping centre.
I am going to order one :)

Xx

Hi, yeh he hopefully will be when the time comes dont think hes too keen just now.

Oh i love seing him move its a wonderful experience x

No havent heard of those blankets? Havent bought much no...'some vests/babygrows & the pram. Need to get organised tho, u? X

I had this with both my children. For me it helped to stretch my arm all the way up on the side were it hurts.
I only had it in bed at night or when sitting down.

I am experiencing this on my left side and did with my first child on the left too. Only ever left side for both. Only when I'm sitting so must be pressure from everything being pushed upwards. Even without a bra it hurts. Only thing that helps is laying completely flat or using a hot water bottle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back