too soon?

BeckyJ

Reaction score
we have a beautiful baby girl - summer mae, who is just over 3 months old

kiki pointed me to the ttc forum as me and DH want our children close together and are already planning the second

those who have 2 very close together, would you do it again? any thoughts?

thanks girlies and good luck xxx

My desired age gap is about 2 and a half years hence why im trying now!

I found this info for you....hope it helps!!! There are positives and negatives to any age gap, you should do whats right for you and your husband. Good luck!!!! :hug:

"Generally speaking, the closer in age your children are, the harder work it is for you in the early months and years. If the gap is very small (some couples even manage to have two children within the space of a year) it can almost feel like having twins, with all the demands of two babies at one time. Life will probably be a hard slog for a while, and things like getting out of the house, travelling and getting a good night's sleep may be difficult.

On the plus side, a small gap means that the existing child will never really remember life without a sibling which some parents think will reduce rivalry. Also, many mothers say they're pleased to have the "nappy years" and the "messy eating years" concentrated in one short period and enjoy the feeling as the younger child grows up of moving on, once and for all, from nappies, bottles, mushy food and all the other trappings of babyhood."

all mine are fairly close together and id do it again. they keep each other company and are most of the time into the same things and when they are young you dont have to worry about rushing around to get to school on time(you can stay in your pjs all day lol)
i did find it hard at first going from 1 child to 2 children but you cope with it and it does get alot easier as they get older, i found it easier with each child i had.
good luck :)

I went to see my friend last weekend who has 2 kids exactly 1 year apart (to the day!) and they were absolute angels - I got really broody

Her kids are good but one was 5 months and one was 1 year and 5 months and already it seemed like they had the best bond.....I defo would consider it, especially if it takes me a while to get my BFP as it's my dream to have a big family xx

thanks for the replies girlies its really helped

i think we will start ttc in the next few months so i should be joining u all soon :cheer:

I think that's great what you're doing. Because of my age, I would like to start trying again soon after my first.

oh yes although there was 2 years 2 months between my 2 they are quite close now so i'd go for it, although it can be hard (i plan to have anotehr one soon after this one)

Hi Hun :wave:

I remember one of your posts in the working/rights section you talking bout having 2 close together and that must have been a while ago now so I think it seems like its something you definatly really want.

I am in the same situation as you, Chester is 5 months and I really want another, have doone pretty much since his birth. I did question whether its my hormones, but could it really be if i've felt this way consistantly?? I dont think so. If its what you and OH both want then i'd go for it. We're not actively TTC, I havent told anyone else but we're not doing anything to stop it from happening...

You might want to go and see your GP for a general health check, I went to see mine cus I had a section and he basically said go for it!

Good luck hun whatever you decide, but I pretty much think you've made your mind up :wink: PM me anytime. Are you on facebook? If you are i'm CHLOE ROBINSON add me if you wanna chat on there xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back