afterbirth?

enn

Reaction score
ok just wanna know how many mum actually stayed in hosp for them to take it out or how many have let it come out itself.

i dont really wanna stay in hosp for a day but dont want them cutting me to get it out neither. or do they give u a pill or something and it comes out? :?

are you talking about the placenta?
If you get the injection it is delivered a few minutes after the baby, however if you leave it to come naturally then it will only take from a 15minutes- 1 hour to come out. :D

i wasnt in hosp anyway but i had the injection 2 make it come out quicker. it came out quite easily after not very long. x

I kinda think of this as the yucky part!!
I'm opting for the injection to help it come faster, hate the thought of that all hanging in there!!

I had the injection and it was out within minutes.

I did want it to come naturally but the mw said If there was a large blood loss she would give me the injection- i said ok as I trusted her judgement.

Nicola said:
I kinda think of this as the yucky part!!
I'm opting for the injection to help it come faster, hate the thought of that all hanging in there!!

Same thoughts as you!

I had the injection and it came out within minutes. It was definatley the yucky bit - not very pleasant to look at!!

i had injection also and it came out within minutes and you get small contractions to help you push (plus more gas and air lol). the mw's help you deliver it and then they will sew up any tears etc from the birth afterwards and if you are active enough send you off for a bath.

xxxxx

Just to add, if you give birth in hospital, you would never be allowed home without delivering the placenta first.

You can either opt to wait and see if you deliver it naturally (can be up to an hour, but can be quick too), or they can give you an injection in your thigh which usually makes it come out very quickly.

K.xxx

i had the injection too. as i wanted to get it out asap. it came out withing 5minutes. :)

I had the injection but it didnt work and they pulled it out with a lot of screeching from me!! It took about 20 mins and two of them!! I have a hilarious vision in my head of two midwives both tugging a cord!

Kelly that sounds completely horrific, I'm going to have nightmares about that happening to me now!! Gross!! I can't believe they would tug around with it if you were in pain like that, surely they could have administered a 2nd injection or similar. Sorry you had such a bad experience delivering that.

kellysomer said:
I had the injection but it didnt work and they pulled it out with a lot of screeching from me!! It took about 20 mins and two of them!! I have a hilarious vision in my head of two midwives both tugging a cord!

OMG!!!!

thats awful hun

All i will say is eww to your post kelly, sounds horrific!

I had the injection and it took a second to come out!

ok think i will have injection then :) ty all

i sorta saw it the other day when i was in hosp then realised what it was walking past me with a nurse holding it.

I had the injection and I had similer experiance to Kellys with my 2nd and 3rd baby. With the 2nd it took about 50 minutes and a consultant had to go in and pull it out after the cord snapped off. With the 3rd it took about a hour of them tugging and me pushing and loosing a lot of blood.

aww vicki your babys so cute :) i want mine out :)

they didn't give me a choice gave me the injection and pulled it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back