afterbirth?

thats what my hosp will do prob knowing them
they get me mixed up with an elderly woman some how lol

Babylicious said:
they didn't give me a choice gave me the injection and pulled it out

same here, i had the injection and it just came out.

I don't think you will really care and u will forget about the placenta once your baby is born. I did and diddnt rememer until they asked me if I wanted the injection but it comes out pretty quick anyway...and mine was bigger than my baby.

My DD was 7 weeks prem and I had 'manual removal' where the doc put her hand right up inside my uterus and scraped it out! Ewwww!!

i had the injection due to blood loss - was out within a couple of mins.

i had the injection too n it was out in minutes.

kazz

Hey,

I didn't have the injection - I didn't want it after giving birth naturally and drug free, but I nearly had it (I did ask the midwives for it and they told me I could have it but my birth plan said no) as I was quite distressed that I couldn't really spend time with my baby directly after the birth as I still had to contract in the pool and I just desperately wanted to hold and cuddle my baby. OH was doing skin to skin and he said I was like a little seal peering over the top of the pool with big eyes at him and our LO!

However, I got some mild contractions and the afterbirth was delivered 25 mins after my daughter, not that long to wait really and I'm so pleased I did it naturally.

Valentine xxx

if its natually then i dont need to stay in do i? but if i have injection then i gotta stay in?

just changed my birthplan to say either whichevers quickest lol

With kylie and dylan I had the Injection so I could get it over with and see my baby.
With fred it was taken out manually only it took hours because they didn't want me to lose anymore blood.

You cant go home until after you deliver the placenta! And beleive me you wont want to, as its the 3rd stage of labour you will still be contracting and in the delivery suite. Not quite sure what you mean but as you are still in labour i'm not sure you'd be up to walking!!!! :rotfl:

It wasnt as bad as all that, just painful as they were tugging and kept telling me to relax my legs, yeah whatever! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back