After birth - Vistors - How are you handling it?

Aww hun sounds like you have it worst than most! There are a lot of us about who are worried about getting the time alone as a family that we need...I can't imagine being lumbered with people for 2 weeks solid. Can't your OH have a word with them?

You really do not need to be stressing over this now and you will have to have the patience of a saint to deal with all that once baby is here and (as Amanda said) you are tired and hormonal - tempers can run very high after a baby arrives xx

I would speak t your oh about them not being around for 2 weeks. My fil called half hour after got home from hospital (had c-section by tge way do it was hard to get around), and he said to dh how mil was desperate to see baby ( we said no visitors at hospital). Mil had also made a comment on birth day as follows " I'd like to see her while she's still tiny" blah blah blah. Anyway, much to my annoyance I said fine she can come round for a bit that evening. So when dh called her she was like I didn't speak to your dad, and, whatevers good for you. After agreeing times she later started to hesitate and say she may have to come a different day- dh stuck up for me and kinda said " it's now or you can wait a few days". Just to clarify his dad lives abroad while his mum splits her time between here and being abroad with fil.

Anyway roll on day 5 and my mum flys over, which triggered an anxiety attack for me and I suffered a bad bout of baby blues. During my mums visit, and to be fair I didn't see her much as she was there to help with dogs and age stayed somewhere else, fil comes to England and both mil and fil want to visit. They visit in a day that my baby blues is bad, and they just hang around....grrr, then hubby has to drop them home cos they don't gave a car, and they don't want to ask his brother for a lift cos it will cost him in petrol ( umm it costs us too and we have a family to pay for now, unlike bil). Then they cone a couple of days later and again hang about-not too bad this time as I begin to cone out if baby blues. Then a say later they want to see Evie one last time before they go!!! This time I said we would go to them as this meant we could just pop in and out (control the time). This all happened within 2 weeks of tge birth and while recovering from c-section. Pleased to say that I am much happier now and very mobile.

Anyway, it's very draining and time consuming having visitors... You font have time to do much cleaning either. Talk to your oh and say that it's going to be too overwhelming and that you want to stay away from possible pnd/baby blues... And that tge only way you feel that will happen is if you are left alone to get on with things. plus all a baby does us eat, poop and sleep...so it's not like anyone is missing much. Plus you need to think about what will happen if you have to have a c-section. You won't be very mobile and your oh will have to pick up a lot if the work... Come 2 weeks he and you will be knackered and I vet even he won't be able to out up with a 2 week visit from his parents! Trust me, you just want fly in visits from peeps...you'll find that you will want to get out more too and will end up busting tge people yourself instead of the otherway round.

Sorry for spelling mistakes, on iPhone with only one hand free as my little girl us lying on tge other one! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back