What's everyone doing....

BabyBrain

Reaction score
with their pets? I am considering putting the rabbits into boarding but it's hard to know when obviously. Their breeder is excellent and would come and collect them at the drop of a hat but Parsley and Basil get very stressed about it all. I moved their crate to the opposite side of the room once and they didn't talk to me for 3 days :roll:, as house rabbits they are very spoiled with company as well. Living with the in laws is fine cos I know they'd be fed etc but the MIL is not the most animal savvy person on this earth. I don't really want to be in labour worrying about whether she's feeding them hamster food again lol xxxxxxxx

Can u get a pet sitter to come in just say to mil i didnt want to burden you xxx

Chances are she wouldn't let them in lol. I might just have to judge it as I go, Parsley doesn't like the MIL anyway and growls at her, I think Parsley is jealous that as an angora rabbit she's met a human more hairy than she is :D

Dads having my great dane mil having Neils rascals, neighbour feeding cat xx

ooops read the first line and thaught it said going to put them down! pregnancy brain! x

im not doing anything wih them, my mum, OH or brother can feed and let them out/walk them if need be.

Our guinea pigs will stay in the flat as plenty people who could look in on them, feed them etc

Im finding it really hard with them at the minute as although I can touch them and give them a hug I used to like snuggle into them and rub my nose against theirs or on their sides or give them a wee kiss which Im no allowed to do as they can carry something with a long name lol (I know deep down they probably dont have anything but I am not risking it) and as long as the bveg keeps coming theyre happy as owt lol xx

Our guinea pigs will stay in the flat as plenty people who could look in on them, feed them etc

Im finding it really hard with them at the minute as although I can touch them and give them a hug I used to like snuggle into them and rub my nose against theirs or on their sides or give them a wee kiss which Im no allowed to do as they can carry something with a long name lol (I know deep down they probably dont have anything but I am not risking it) and as long as the bveg keeps coming theyre happy as owt lol xx

The rabbits haven't been on my lap since my bfp. They can kick hard enough to break their own spine so I didn't dare risk getting kicked. When Parsley was a baby I was checking her for fly strike and she kicked me giving me a massive black eye lol. I do miss my nose bumps with her though, all Basil's done is dig at the sofa cushion to get the baby out lmao

Dylan and my parents will be around to look after Ozzy the dog and the 2 bunnies. The rabbits are outside in the shed so we can get away with just feeding them. Ozzy is fine being left for a few hours so Jason can pop back and Dylan will be around before and after school to let him out for a wee. He has dry food anyway so just has a bowl of fresh food and water every morning. I am luckier than most you ladies as ours is a planned day. I shall miss him terribly when in hospital since before my bfp he has snuggled with me on the sofa and rested his head on my tummy. Now he just gets a kick in the head for his loving from AJ. x

im actually rehousing my cats. Today a concrete shed base has been laid - i had a shed delivered that will be their new home. They will have beds, a massive scratching tower, heating, litter tray, food etc etc a right little life of luxury if you ask me!

I simply cannot allow their fur in the house and also my male cat has a bad tendency to feel the need to pissup anything newly decorated... if he did that in my boys room i think i would skin him!

I actually hadn't thought too much about this until reading this post :S I have two small dogs (very spoiled may I add opps) and a cat. I've had stair gates in place for several months now to teach the dogs about their new boundaries etc and they're very quick to learn and smart enough to do as they are told always so fingers crossed when the baby comes home all should be fine with them. But obviously the cat can jump the gates! I'm not really a cat person anyhow as much as I love our little Timmy he is the biggest pain in the arse that I've ever known for a cat! I'm constantly worrying about what to do with him. He has his own part of the house (little utility room) which leads to the garden so he can come and go as he pleases but the fact that I need to do my washing in and out of there also really makes me cringe! Guessing I'll deal with the cat as it comes. As it is he isn't allowed anywhere upstairs in the house so will see what happens the more baby things start to appear downstairs. I just don't want the cat anywhere near anything of the baby's. Don't mean to sound cruel :/
I'm an absolute clean freak anyhow and I think the cat is used to me by now lol so hopefully will all work out...

Our regular dog sitter (my mother) is coming to look after them :) she spoils them anyway so they won't care either way :)

They are used to us being out of the house during the day, I come home at lunch to walk and water them and then I am back to work so their used to it, but Ma said she would come and watch them for us :)

Yay for mummy xxx

Oooh thats what I didn't think about either! On the actual day/eve/night whenever it happens and obviously I don't know how long it will be for...I have a few family members I can count on I hope to come in and check on them all, feed/water etc etc :S lol

There is just no way I could ban our cat from the house, he is our little boy too (totally bloody spoilt!!) and I grew up with cats in the house from a small baby so am not bothered about bubs being around him, although he has been banned from the nursery. I have invested in a couple of mozzie nets to go over pram/moses basket etc just in case he gets curious, but have to say, so far he has been terrified of all the baby stuff in the house and runs a mile when he sees any of it which is a good sign!! Means he won't go to sleep in it! We have an automatic pet feeder which we could put down if needed - actually hadn't even thought about this so very useful thread!! Am going to get it out of the garage at the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back