Advice!!

louxlouxbellex

Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well & your bumps are coming along nicely!

I'm looking for advice on a couple of things!

Over the pass couple of nights I've been noticing that my tummy has going been rock hard, never for long though. I kind of get a funny feeling before had then it goes hard. Does anyone else get this?

Also is anyone totally paranoid about sleeping on there backs? I bought a wedge maternity pillow to try & get comfy on my side but sometimes during the night I would roll over & end up on my back. Now I never seem to get a decent nights sleep as I'm constantly aware of lying on my back & I wake up as soon as I move! It's a nightmare! Am I being weird or is anyone else freaking out about this?

Thanks

Lou xxxx

I posted a week or so ago about my tummy going really hard...... it feels like the baby is about to burst out of my tummy in some freaky alien re-enactment but after about 30 seconds or so it goes back to normal.

I asked about it on here and everyone seems to think it's perfectly normal and my cousin who's just had a lovley baby boy said she used to get the same thing all the time and it's just the baby pushing to the front of my uterus so I'm trying not to let it worry me.

As for sleeping on my back, I'm a firm believer that even during sleep my body will look after itself and my baby and if anything was wrong then I would wake up in plenty of time to turn over. I often find myself waking up short of breath when I've been on my back so I just try and get as much sleep as possible and let my body do the hard work

My tummy went really hard last night on the right hand side and I couldn't get comfy so Chris went and got doppler and it was James practising the flaming Riverdance in there!!! I've not felt butterflies or kicking yet (at 21w) but I now know that when my tummy goes hard and I feel pressure against my tummy it's just James changing position and getting comfy!!!

To test that theory Chris shone his torch against my tummy and although I couldn't 'feel' James move we heard movement through the doppler, his heartbeat stopped on doppler (we had to 're-dopple' to find it again) and the pressure on my tummy disappeared! :rotfl:

Sarah xxx

Yeah i get this too. My tummy is rock hard for a bit. Probably just bubs moving about. I also went through a real paranoid stage about the lying on my back but as the others have said, your body will take care of itself. I now find if im on it for too long i get breathless and automatically move.. Trust you body hun,

Claire x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back