Sleeping and sore hips!

lisaspoon

Reaction score
Hi :wave:

I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem!

For the past few weeks I've been struggling to get comfy when going to bed... tried various pillows/body pillows but just cant seem to get that right position!

Also, the main problem I am finding is I'm waking several times in the night when I turn over as my hips are so sore (alternates the side which I lie on)... and its not as if my mattress is rock hard or anything! I liken the pain to when you are camping and sleeping on the solid ground with just one of those flimsy camping mats between you and the mud! :lol:

Anyone know why this is? is it the extra weight my body is having to deal with???

I just want a decent nights sleep :wall: :wall:

I can sympathize, i wake up some nights half asleep but almost in tears from the pain in my hips and the big bone at the top of my leg.
I think it's something to do with the hip ligaments softening + the added pressure of weight.

i also having painful hips, usually towards the end of the day, woke my self up turning over the other night with the pain!

Im exactly the same, I get comfy on one side then the pain starts after a while and i have to roll to the other side, Im backwards and forwards all night its really annoying :evil: :evil:

Ditto

In fact I havent even bothered getting dressed today and just enjoying having lots of little naps..........feel absolutely exhausted and Im sure its because of the constant hip pain and tossing and turning for the last few weeks (as well as getting up for a pee at least twice a night).

Its finally taken its toll, and made me feel dreadful, so you are definitely not alone.

I sleep with a pillow both sides of me - placed near my hips, although to be honest its still agony every night and even end up getting up at 6am some mornings as I cant stand the pain anymore!

im dreading that stage, i suffer from painful hips some nights anyway due to something when i was tiny.

i normally find it happens/gets worse if im stressing about not sleeping enough or im sleeping in a strange place, like first time i stayed over at my ex's. only thing i've found to relieve it is a hot water bottle, changing sides you sleep on, and trying to relax (hard to do at 3am when youre in agony i know :( ) one night i even went for a walk around the house just to relax and it seemed to help

ive had this for months now and it doesnt get any better im afraid to say. The only pillow that slightly helps is the small pillow you can get from mothercare which slides under the bump (its about a tenner i think).

Claire x

I cant sleep on my tummy cos' of bump, cant sleep on my back, and when i sleep on my sides my hips and top legs get reaaally achey too and i have to also keep swapping sides.
also suffering with itchyness in the night, started sleeping in the spare room as its getting bad trying to share a bed with my partner!
As the weight piles on its only going to get worse ladies!!!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back