Advice

What what I do about feeding when out? Not sure if i'd be uncomfortable feeding infront of my stepson and don't want to feel like i'd have to be stuck in the toilet all the time.
Is there a way around this to make sure my breasts are not on show x

What what I do about feeding when out? Not sure if i'd be uncomfortable feeding infront of my stepson and don't want to feel like i'd have to be stuck in the toilet all the time.
Is there a way around this to make sure my breasts are not on show x

I use a breastfeeding apron I got of eBay. There is a women on there that makes them. However, depending where we're going I take expressed milk in bottles and bottle feed. Some places have rooms set aside for nursing like, John Lewis and tesco. Most large shopping complexes do too. I was very uncomfortable the first few times I fed in public but now I don't care, unless I'm with my OH's family, then I'm more reserve.

I'm not worried about strangers, i'm worried about my stepson and family seeing my boobs :) suppose the easier thing to do is take expressed milk x

The bf covers look fantastic if you're worried I just always wore 2 tops and pulled one up one down and used a muslin. I loved bf I still miss it now x

Last time I fed in my parents bedroom at their house cos my dad didn't want to see me feed.

This time I've got a breastfeeding cover, and I'm putting my foot down and not hiding in the bedroom! I don't think it'd be fair on my daughter if I were to disappear all the time.

I'll probably use the cover when the in laws are round too as I felt uncomfortable round them. It's just the latching on and off where I got exposed, because I had such a ridiculous let down I would spray milk,so I had to prep myself, tuck muslins in my bra to stop it from getting soaked!

Months in it got easier though to be more discreet.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Oh dear :) think i'd like to take expressed milk for a while xx

Well, wait and see. My two other friends that breastfed had a much easier time than me. Their babies were angels at latching on and off. So hopefully you'll be fine and won't have a naughty one that likes to fly off exposing you with no notice :)

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back