Advice please?

tots hope

Reaction score
My SIL is due on the 3.09.07 but is convinced that the baby will come early. The MW told her at 33 weeks that the head was ingaged and this was a good sign. From the MW telling her that she thinks that the baby will be early.

Well what i want to know is the only symptom she is having is back ache (struggling to sit and lay down) so how likely is it that she is going to have the baby early? She hasn't had her show yet so im not convinced it will be soon but she has told me that she thinks it will be today. The reason i am asking is becuase i am due to look after their son while she is in labour and for a day after and i just wondered what the likelihhod that she will go into labour in the next fw hours as i have meetings tomorrow and need to cancel asap

Oh just remember she had a big contraction on sunday but nothing since.

Any ideas?

I guess babies can come at anytime, but I was meant to be early and I'm sitting here 2 days overdue with no show/waters/anything just a lot of cramps.

I would personally say I doubt she'll be having it anytime soon, but then she could prove me wrong!

It might be just wishful thinking on here part although second babies are meant to come a little bit sooner than first. Also with the show I am due on Saturday and haven't had a show yet. When I asked my midwife she sais some women don't ever have a show beforehand. I don't think I'd cancel any meetings just yet wait until she starts having a few contractions together.

My baby was fully engaged at 34 weeks and I had my hindwaters go at 36 weeks - still took till 41+3 for my body to try and evict her and even then she wasn't coming out without a battle!

i was convinced that mine would come early on 27/7/07 , i got the symptoms on that day of labor starting etc but baby was actually 8days late.

u never know the baby may come early

Well still no baby and i really am hoping it doesn't come over the weekend as I have to look after their son and i have already got things planned!

My SIL reckons that the midwife told her that this labour would be 2 and a half hours. Apparently she did a sum which includes weight, age and body frame and the time of the frst labour and this helped her work it out! She is convinced that she will only be in labour for two hours now ........ anyone else heard of this method of working out how long you will be in labour for?

Last night she was running up and down the stairs and taking loads of caster oil to start labour along!!!!

:shock: wow!!! never heard of that one... :think: I think babies come when THEY are ready, everyone is different, and if thats the case , then we would all be asking... how long do we have to suffer/ wait / push etc.. might scare the life out of us more :rotfl:

I guess nature will take her course.... :hug: lv yvonne xx

I thought it was a load of rubbish as well, she is a bit simple so maybe she took what the MW said literally or changed it in her mind to what she wants it to be!

That MW is odd :shock:
Baby will come when baby wants to, unless medical intervention occurs, and as for her contraction, could be Braxton Hicks :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back