Can't get 40 week MW appointment

Jenny123

Reaction score
AAAAARRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

Just went to the surgery to book in my appoinment that is due on Friday and I've been told there are no free appointments for another 3 weeks :shock: :shock: :think:

The receptionist helpfully suggested that I scrub the kitchen floor to bring on labour so I won't need to see the midwife :x :roll: really helpful, thanks....

I have left a message on my MW mobile in the hope that she can see me, she was the one who told me to wait before booking as she was convinced I was in labour 2 weeks ago. Now I'm well and truly up the creek without a paddle. If she can't see me then what do I do?? I guess I will have to call the hospital and see if they can examine me there :?

Even tried a bit of rumpy pumpy to hurry things up... if I eat any more pineapple and curry I think I'm gonna hurl :puke:

Come on baby...

How frustrating. I didn't see my midwife for the last month of pregnancy until my due date.

You should be able to get to see the GP instead but it's not the same I know. There were no appointments left for me at 40 weeks either but thankfully my midwife made a home visit for me.

hmmm, if she can't see me then I'll give it a few days and call the midwives at the hospital and ask them for advice. If they suggest to see my GP then I can get an appt with her on the same day :?

My midwife only works at the surgery one day a week so its a bit of a scramble for appointments. I hope she calls back :(

thats awful surely they can make an exception as your due and your midwife told you to wait to book the appointment.

Yep, same here. My MW is on holiday, second in command is sick and third has her mobile off and no appt... due next Monday so fingers crossed I don't need to see them but that's not the point. It's reassuring to have the appt and it throws you a bit when they can't see you.

Good luck getting an appointment. I'll be pestering the life out of all 3 of them from first thing tomorrow!! :)

My MW only works one day a week too and I've seen her every week since 36 weeks :shock:

She struggled to fit me in last week because all her appointments were already full but she started the surgery 15 minutes early to slot me in before she started.

Hopefully your MW will be able to do something similar to that for you

:hug: :hug:

I think if no one offers me an appointment then I'll do a sit-in at the surgery on Friday :lol: My mum is giving me hell as she went two weeks over with hers and he ended up being still born, so she's really nervous about me. I've told her not to panic but you know what mums are like :roll:
I just want a quick check-up to make sure heart beat and position are ok, hopefully I might even have the baby before then so all this worrying could be for nothing :?

Oh thats silly! My MW always makes my next app before I leave the room! She should have done that regardless of if she thought you were in labour!! I hope you get seen! :hug:

yipppeeee :cheer:

She has just phoned and wants to see me at 11am today. She has so many people needing to see her that she is coming into the surgery for an extra day this week and next week and has reserved that day just for the ladies that are overdue :hug:

Will let you all know how I get on

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back