Some advice please? May contact TMI!

tots hope

Reaction score
My SIL is due on the 3rd September but she is convinced she will have her baby early (not sure why and i imagine she will be very gutted if the baby is late!) Anyway she was telling me about some problems that she is having with bladder control and also feeling very wet all the time. She has wet herself 3 times over the last 4 days and is really worried about this. She doesn't think that is is her waters but from speaking to her she isn't entirely convinced. She is so embarrassed that she wont talk to her GP so i said i would talk to you guys and find out what you know about this?

She didn't realsie she was in labour with her first child (3 years old) and thought that her contractions were just period pains!

Anyone got any ideas why this could be happening? If this is happening to you and you don't want everyone to know feel free to PM me and it will remain confidential, thank you in advance x

I had problems with bladder cobtrol a while ago too and every time i sneezed or coughed I would pee a bit, luckily no one noticed.
Its very common problem and I would tell her it will clear up, the baby may just be laying in a funny place at the moment.
Mine cleared up about 5 weesk ago thank god.

If she has problems after the borth then tell her to speak to the midwife as it could lead to more serious problems.

Pelvic floor excercises are advised, no matter how boring they are

If it was a little wee i would tell her not to worry but this is full flow ... ?

I get it very occasionally, mostly when I laugh or sneeze, or when I have a full bladder at night and I wake up and need the loo it's sometimes a bit of a rush :oops:

I don't mind admitting it, I'm sure it happens a lot lol. My OH was a bit concerned about it but I'm just like, meh it'll stop at some point. It's probably cos the baby's lying on the bladder.

Tell her to speak to her doctor then as that dont sound right to me.
She might have spme underlaying probs somewhere that need sorting out

I did get a little leakage a few months back during 2nd tri when I had a bad chesty cold. It only happened when I sneezed or coughed a lot though. It doesn't happen now.

If it's just stress induced (i.e. coughing, sneezing etc) that's not necessarily a worry and the pelvic floor exercises will help. But if it continues you should try to encourage her to seek medical advice coz it could be a longer term problem. None of these things are new to doctors, they've seen it all (and worse) before, so there's no need for her to feel embarrassed.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back